Blackthone Weekend, East Durham, NY - Aug 15th-17th

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Blackthone Weekend, East Durham, NY - Aug 15th-17th

Post by deilenberger »

I have to be outta town on the weekend of Aug 15th-17th (family visiting..) so I thought what better way to spend the weekend than riding, eating and drinking. (Not all at once..)

Our local club has spent a number of weekends at the Blackthorne Resort in East Durham, NY - at the top of the Catskills, AKA, the Irish Alps. The Blackthorne is an Irish resort, complete with a great pub, good food, fun people, pool, and great riding in the area. And they are bike friendly (actually sponsor some bike events themselves.)

Plan is to arrive Friday afternoon, park the bike, have a Guinness, take a nap, go to dinner, then resume consuming Guinness in their pub. Retire when done.

Saturday - a ride to Max-BMW in York NY, followed by a ride into Vermont to Bennnington (perhaps visit one or two museums there.. Hemmings is fun for motorheads, the Bennington Museum is fun for Gramdma Moses heads.) Then souf through the upper Berkshires and west again towards the Blackthorne.

East Durham is about 20 miles south-west of Albany NY.

Blackthorne Resort
348 Sunside Rd
Cairo, NY 12413
518-634-2541
http://www.blackthorne.com

Cost is around $180-200 for the weekend (per person) - and it includes 2 breakfasts and two huge dinners (complete with Irish Coffee), and a room with AC/shower/beds.

If anyone is interested in joining us - you have to make your own reservations, and just ping me to let me know you'll be there, we'll save space at the dinner table for'ya. For diehard campers - there is camping at the Blackthorne, and campers can buy dinner and breakfast.
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Re: Blackthone Weekend, East Durham, NY - Aug 15th-17th

Post by machew01 »

Don,

This weekend sounds like fun; I wish that I could make it. I hope that you get some good company.

There will be about 20 of us on the Hungry Mother ride that weekend. We'll be drinking a toast to all of your good Guiness efforts!

mac
Rolley, NC
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Re: Blackthone Weekend, East Durham, NY - Aug 15th-17th

Post by machew01 »

It looks like I might have killed another thread. Sorry, Don. I don't do it on purpose, really.

This place might be good to visit as well:
http://www.blackthorneresort.com/index.asp

mac