Delivery Ride - Group Invited

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Delivery Ride - Group Invited

Post by MikeCam »

If you win this....

Then a group of R1150R riders might show up at your door - for delivery and your first ride!!!!
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
johnnyjs1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 607

Re: Delivery Ride - Group Invited

Post by johnnyjs1 »

Man could i use that now :( . I'll get some tickets as soon as my p.p. account has some cash in it. gotta pinch my pennies at the moment 8-[
See, I told you guys, half the time I dont know what I'm talking about.
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

LOL!!! That is off the hook!!!!

The beer store, the cigar store are toast if you cretins show up....

"My daddy wants another motorcycle"
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

The raffle rules say this...
"Title delivered by registered mail to member's registered address. Pickup/delivery to be arranged after confirmation."

It all depends. But there is the potential for a raffle ride to deliver the prize! Imagine, a band of miscreant Roadster riders putt putting up to your quiet suburban home during quiet hours to loudly deliver your winnings! What could be better?
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by OU812 »

Now that would be COOL! 8) :smt038 :smt040
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
johnnyjs1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 607

Post by johnnyjs1 »

My daddy doesnt just WANT a new bike, He NEEDS one :(

Image Image
See, I told you guys, half the time I dont know what I'm talking about.
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

MikeCam wrote: a band of miscreant Roadster riders putt putting up to your quiet suburban home during quiet hours to loudly deliver your winnings! What could be better?

What could be better? Ed McMahon showing up with one of those large checks with lots of zeros from Publisher's Clearing House. Wait - is he dead?

(edited for grammar, because I care.)
Last edited by GypsyRR on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

GypsyRR wrote: What could be better? Ed McMahon showing up with one of those large checks with lots of zeros from Publisher's Clearing House showing up. Wait - is he dead? I've been lost in a time warp and am not even sure if that still happens.
Ed McMahon is still alive, but his house is going through foreclosure.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Biff's R wrote: Ed McMahon is still alive, but his house is going through foreclosure.
That's what they want you to believe.

It is little known, but, like Saddam Hussein, Ed McMahon made extensive use of "body doubles" to wring the most out of his popularity and to relieve the daily stresses of the imposing deep-voiced peregrinate pitchman.

The ruse was first reported in March 1999 when, seredipitously, a repoter for the Bristish tabloid, The Sun, Penelope Munchhaven of Tawdry, Sussex, attended The Palladium for a concert hosted by Johnny Carson. Of course, he was introduced by "Ed McMahon," in reality, this evening, by McMahon body double, Harry Turnover, of Licket, Essex, a c*ockney gent.

The headlines the next morning were predictable.

EAR'S JOHNNY

ALIEN ENCOUNTER or MISSING PERSON

The Strange Case of Ed? McMahon

Munchhaven penned, "The workload of McMahon began to prove excessively taxing. The Publishers' gig was quite arduous, but add Polident and AARP, well, one can only imagine how much a body can take. There was a limit. Hence, the body doubles seemed a good idea at the time. Inquiries to McMahon's agent were not returned, but a spokeswoman for the spokesman did volunteer that there was no truth to the nude bathing photos and Mr McMahon would never consider posing nude, unless it was in good taste as part of a recognized promotional campaign." Munchhaven then quipped in a gratuitously insensitive manner, "Can too much ever not be enough?"

With multiple Eds wandering the globe, trouble was just waiting to occur. Munchhaven did not let the story die and in August 11,2001 issue, the one with

ELVIS'S LOVE CHILD
BORN YESTERDAY !!
IN ARKANSAS
89 YEAR OLD SAID "RAPED" BY GHOST AT GRACELAND

on the cover; I can scan it if there is (enough) interest.

But I digress.

Munchhaven wrote, "How long will the Publishers Clearing House crowd believe this guy? No one ever wins that, come on. Polident is a good product, surely, but let's face it, the AARP has been run by demons for years, as frequent readers already know."
The story almost became mainstream on Sept. 10, 2001, when Douglas P. Goodsniff of Nillumbik, another McMahon double, was arrested for urinating in the "Dancing Waters Fountain" at the Melbourne Hilton. As the brightly illuminated fountain was right in front of Reception at the hotel, stunned and aghast guests could only stare slack-jawed as they thought it was the real McMahon being led away by Melbourne Police, repeatedly grabbing his crotch and yelling. "Here's Johnny!"

It took hours to sort out the mess and by that time it was Sept 11th, 2001.
Events in the US took center stage for weeks and the story only persisted locally. DJ, you must remember this???

To be sure, there were even more telling events that to even the near-astute would indicate something fishy in McMahon World.
After Carson's death in February, 2005, McMahon's famous tag line, now totally inappropriate and very difficult to deliver, changed. A now despondent McMahon would enter the stage with a fooling-no one Har Har Har, followed by his new tag line, "You Call This Living?" Har Har Har.
It really didn't catch on with even the most ardent McMahon admirers and Ed knew his stand up career was not taking off.

Even worse was life for the doubles. The DesMoines Register reported on December 12, 2007 that "Pervis Twinkbottom, of Buffalo Center, was arrested after going on a hold up spree, which targeted Davol seat cushions and Depends undergarments. Twinkbottom, claiming to be 'Ed McMahon in another life' was referred to Garrison Community Hospital for evaluation, but was released after promising the ER staff a private meeting with Jay Leno, ' who I know personally, Har Har Har." Hospital spokesman were unavailable for comment. Records from The Sun showed Twinbottom to be one of the stateside doubles.
All of this information is readily available on the it-aint-ed.org website; hint: don't miss the shop. It-aint-ed.com was not available.

So, Jeff and Kristi, as you can readily see, it is ill-informed and possibly naive to find happiness in the delivery of a possibly bogus check rendered by a probable impostor of a contrived celebrity. Sic Transit Happiness Mundi, you know.
Sorry, I don't make the rules.
But, if you persist in what is quite possibly the impossible dream, I have some prime wetlands in South Louisiana that I can sell you cheap. I can even send you the deed by email.
PM me.
Really.

DS
(editted for gram maw, because she cares)
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates