Ride Planned to Louisville, KY Area

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Ride Planned to Louisville, KY Area

Post by Boxer »

I'm taking off next Monday for northern Kentucky...or I should say, north-central Kentucky...In the neighborhood of Louisville...Pewee Valley to be exact.

If you want to know why just go read the latest post here: CLICK ME

I like to visit with fellow R1150R.NET denizens when possible along the way, so if anyone here is in the neighborhood let me know and we can meet up and have lunch or coffee somewhere. I'm heading up 127 to 55 to Campbellsville then 527 and 49 to Bardstown then working my way up backroads to Pewee Valley with a stopover to camp at Taylorsville Lake SP. I'll take a different route back south, probably through the Dan'l Boone Nat'l Forest areas.
Boxer
Lifer

Re: Ride Planned to Louisville, KY Area

Post by Boxer »

I guess we don't have any members in Kentucky.

It looks like JB44 may be making the trip with me. This time we're gonna try and break his right brake lever. :p
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

At least he could still ride. He could make rear brake only work, but no clutch can really cause problems at stoplights.

Have a good time.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by jb44 »

Boxer wrote:....This time we're gonna try and break his right brake lever. :p
No worries there, I have spares. I'll try for something more spectacular this time.

I'm thinking that just watching me try to do the camping thing should be pretty entertaining.

jb
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

We made it back safe and sound...At least I did. I haven't heard from JB yet. I waved him off at the intersection of US 27 and TN 68 this afternoon.
I got everything packed on the Roadster Monday morning to leave and went to fire her up. I got the dreaded "Wonw wonw wonw...click click click click"...My PC-680 has given up the ghost. I quickly reloaded all the gear on the F650 and took off.
Wonderful Kentucky ride. Photos, slideshow and report later.
Until then.
Vroom! Vroom!
jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by jb44 »

Great ride. Weather was wonderful, and so was the rural Tennessee and Kentucky countryside.
Boxer did an admirable job of keeping us on scenic county two lanes almost the entire way.

I didn't dump the bike over this time, and even slept on the ground a couple of nights... high adventure for me!

This was the Kentucky Bed and Breakfast we stayed at the second night.... ;)

jb