Aussies - Phillip Island for the Moto GP?

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Caroanbill
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Aussies - Phillip Island for the Moto GP?

Post by Caroanbill »

Anyone else going down the New South Wales coast and Gippsland to Phillip Island?

R1200R and F650CS leaving Woolloomooloo at noon Thursday 2nd October (from the Shell opposite Harry's Cafe de Wheels), down the Princes Highway to Bermagui (Bermagui Beach Hotel) Thursday. Lotsa beera nd local fish!

Add an R1150GS Adventure and an R1200RT or F800ST and then Friday 3rd we're off through Thathra, Pambula and up the Mt Darragh Rd to Bombala, down the Cann Valley Way and the through Bruthen, Yarram and Foster to Venus Bay Caravan Park (shuttle bus to the Tarwin Lower Hotel). Moto GP Saturday and Sunday and then back through Gippsland and as many mountainraods as we can (without going through snow - the Great Alpine Rd and Alpin Way will be closed) on Monday and Tuesday. Most likely up the Cann Valley, down the Mt Imlay Rd, overnight around Narand a bit of wiggling through Kangaroo Valley .. but maybe even a big loop up the Monaro Highway to Cooma, then the Snowy Mtns Highway though Tumut, then around Wyangala dam and home via Oberon and Bell's line ...

The R12R is Crystal Grey with colour coded panniers .. hard to miss, and the F650CS is the only one in existence rigged up with F650GS panniers.
#584 Crystal Grey tour-farkelled Vespa GTS250 PX150
xF650CS R1150RS R80 K1100LT R65LS K100RT
CRazyCam
Basic User

Re: Aussies - Phillip Island for the Moto GP?

Post by CRazyCam »

M8, have a great... and safe trip.

I'll settle for watching on TV from Beecroft...... the supply of beer is better.

regards,CrazyCam
Caroanbill
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Caroanbill »

CRazyCam wrote: I'll settle for watching on TV from Beecroft...... the supply of beer is better
... if it's VB at the track, I won't be jealous (nice taste, too many preservatives) - also, at Beecroft, the rain will only be OUTSIDE - looks like 4 days of rain (again). Thank providence for goretex and windfleece! This'll be my third Phillip Island trip - and never yet seen a warm, sunny day! Better pack my thermos tonight.
#584 Crystal Grey tour-farkelled Vespa GTS250 PX150
xF650CS R1150RS R80 K1100LT R65LS K100RT
CRazyCam
Basic User

Post by CRazyCam »

Aye, Phillip Island is an absolutely magic track.......

if they could only move it about 900 kms to the north.

Have fun, and a safe trip.

regards,CrazyCam (drinking Coopers)