Oldest Fair in the US ride (Photos)

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Oldest Fair in the US ride (Photos)

Post by Photoguy »

(OOPS, meant to post this in Great Rides, not group. but since its neither :^o )

...well, actually a series of small rides. This fair is pretty local to me, but I did ride there on my bike 6-7 times...hope that counts toward a ride report!

Topsfield Fair is billed as the oldest continuous running fair in the US. It still has a pretty heavy agricultural theme, but includes the typical midway rides and a pretty diverse group of musicians with scheduled performances in an outdoor ampitheater. I managed to get a press pass for this years fair as I'm a big Beatles fan and found out that Pete Best (pre-Ringo drummer) would be playing. In exchange for making my pictures available to the PR department, I had free admission/parking and unrestricted access. In addition to pete Best, I caught the band America, but passed on the village People (go figure...) and a couple of 'country' acts that i really didn't know much about. I also spent a bunch of time walking around taking pictures and thought I'd share a few.

I'll leave these up for a week or so and then pull 'em down so as not to hog too much bandwidth.

Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Re: Oldest Fair in the US ride (Photos)

Post by Boxer »

On the 10th pic down: Did that goat ever reach back and lick that guy's hand? :-k
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Re: Oldest Fair in the US ride (Photos)

Post by Photoguy »

If he did, I missed it!