Memorial Meet April 30,May 1-2 2010 (UK)

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Memorial Meet April 30,May 1-2 2010 (UK)

Post by riceburner »

I realise this is not a "rideout", and that it will only really be of interest to UK riders, but I hope that it's ok to put this up here.

The 2010 Memorial Meet will be a 2 part affair.

1 - overnight camping at LUMB FARM ( Lumb Farm, Marehay, Ripley, Derbyshire ) on the Friday & Saturday night. (For those who want to)

2 - Lunchtime meet up as in previous years on the SATURDAY, location TBC at this time. (but will be somewhere fairly near Lumb Farm, if not at it, I hope). *

The booking of Lumb Farm is going to cost £350, plus the cost of a Portaloo (to be determined later). Thus Smixxy (from TheRevCounter.com) and myself (as organisers) have decided that if everyone who is camping** could donate £10 a head we should be able to cover this, and whatever is left over will be donated to charity*** (I will ensure these accounts are made public and open).

As of this moment in time (30 October 2009) the farm is provisionally booked, we need to make a deposit of £160 by the 6th October, and the rest by end November, so organised people - step up! ;)

Many thanks to GO SLOW (from TheRevCounter.com) for standing up to be counted and offering his services as Treasurer for this event. If you need his paypal or postal address please pm me. For Bank transfer details, if you prefer that, contact me and I will take monies this way, but will forward them directly to him so everything is in one place. PLEASE remember to add your forum name to payments as well as your real name so that we know who's paid etc (some of you I only know via forum names!!).

I am hoping that some form of entertainment can be organised for the Saturday evening and will post further details as and when.

The Memorial Meet is a semi-unofficial gathering of bikers from UK forums for 3 purposes : Make new friends, renew old friendships, and remember the friends we can no longer meet up with. We've been running the Mem Meet early in the year for about 7 or 8 years now, it gives everyone a chance to dust off the bike, get outside, and meet up with people they haven't seen over the winter, hence it being early in the year. This year (2010) we're extending the meet by including evening events at a campsite - something that many people have suggested in the past. I hope that it sounds like a good event to you and that you can come along. There is no pressure whatsoever to come, to stay, or to stay overnight, but I hope that some of you may want to join us. :) We don't even mind if you come in the car. :D

* I realise that a Saturday lunch meet is not perfect for everyone, but it seems to me that if we're booking the farm for Friday and Saturday nights, leaving Sunday, if we do the Meet on the Saturday afternoon, it can carry on into the evening without a break. :)

** ie this doesn't apply to day-trippers.

*** Charity to be determined by popular vote

This initial post will be kept up to date with developments/news etc.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
riceburner
Basic User

Re: Memorial Meet April 30,May 1-2 2010 (UK)

Post by riceburner »

Update - there's some more information, for anyone interested, on the thread in the TRC forum : http://www.therevcounter.com/uk-motorbi ... ekend.html

(it's easier to keep all the details in one place). :)

Anyone interested?
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Couple of weeks to go - anyone interested in joining us?
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

SamCam will be in London that week (ash permitting). If you can hook her up with gear, a ride, camping equipment, an International License, and directions I'll send her by.
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.