East Australia R1200R Riders

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bodes
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

East Australia R1200R Riders

Post by Bodes »

Riders,

There was a flurry of activity for R1200R riders in Sydney in the second half of 2009 and a few extras from out of town joined in. That seems to have died off through lack of follow through.

May I suggest that those who want to ride with R1200R riders, or wish to meet them to decide whether they want to ride together, respond to this thread with sufficient detail to go contact each other and go the next step. I have made a delightful contact with MVK and we are intending to go to Philip Is SBK in late February 2010. Perhaps others are interested.

There are also opportunities for the occasional informal ride, to exchange experiences about local rides, bling, dealers, problems and pleasures. The experience we all enjoy could be enhanced by communication - without obligation.

PeterB
Mobile 0409939077
Current 09 R1200R. More recently ex '09 R12GS, 07 R12R, 07 F800ST & distant memories
mvk
Lifer

Re: East Australia R1200R Riders

Post by mvk »

There are also opportunities for the occasional informal ride, to exchange experiences about local rides,
Speaking of which, there is a formal/informal Breakfast at Brooklyn tomorrow(Sunday) through BMW Touring Club NSW, so if you can come along between 9 and 10- ride to Wiseman's after or whatever takes our fancy...
dav
Lifer
Donating Member #: 798

Post by dav »

Good idea mate, i would't mind going for a run with fellow R12R riders once in a while.

PM me when ever you like :)
2009 R1200R
1981 R65
1968 DUCATI 250 MK3
1975 Suzuki GT380
lemonbuyer
Basic User

Post by lemonbuyer »

Isn't it a bit specific to be restricting it to R1200R riders? [-X

What's a little 50cc amongst friends? :?

(R1150R Rockster rider, in a town S of Sydney and NE of Melbourne!)
Bikers know why a dog sticks its head out the car window... Image
Bodes
Basic User

Post by Bodes »

Lemonbuyer,

Apologies, my suggestion was not intended to be exclusive quite the contrary, I was seeking to get something up and running to bring riders together. Beemer riders are often overlooked by the 'rice burners' and the 'fashionista'.

R1200R riders might feel that they are a rare breed because we never read about our bikes in the mags or see many of them around yet we know we have one of the best all rounders built on the lineage of earlier naked R's like yours.

You're on the east coast so easily accessible. MVK and I are heading to the SBK last Friday in February (26th). If you're up for a ride we will probably end up around Victorian high country on the first night on the way down and then head on to Phillip Island on the Saturday. Keep in touch.
Current 09 R1200R. More recently ex '09 R12GS, 07 R12R, 07 F800ST & distant memories
Radar in oz
Lifer

Post by Radar in oz »

Hi Bodes,

Last time we met we discussed the SBK trip. Then I started thinking, while I'm down that way it would be good to pop over to Tasmania to do more riding around my old stamping ground. One thing led to another, the promise of more time riding took over so now we are going to Tas. on 25th Feb, returning on 5th March and somehow the SBK bit got lost in the plans!!

So, despite some guilty feelings, I'm hoping you'll accept my excuse this time.

Cheers
Peter
Bodes
Basic User

Post by Bodes »

Radar,
Like with the weather much changes over time. Keep in touch and if the 25th becomes the 26th perhaps we (plural) can ride part of the way south together.