Annual Hungry Mother Weekend (Virginia)

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Re: Annual Hungry Mother Weekend (Virginia)

Post by challey »

Boxer said
This whole tooth ache business may be ruining my whole riding plans for the weekend.
Come on Phil - are you going to let a simple thing like a root canal (and the likely crown you will also need) get in the way of riding? Seriously, I hope that you are able to get things fixed in time for the weekend.

Herb and I will [hopefully] be there late Fri afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone again the usual HMSP "mist".

Charlie
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

chibbert wrote:Extended forecast does not look good. I won't be attending if it'll be a drip-fest.
You can never trust an extended forecast beyond four days. This is looking better:
National Weather Service (NOAA) wrote:Friday: Isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 88. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night: Isolated showers after midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
R4R&R
Basic User

Post by R4R&R »

challey wrote:Boxer said
This whole tooth ache business may be ruining my whole riding plans for the weekend.
Come on Phil - are you going to let a simple thing like a root canal (and the likely crown you will also need) get in the way of riding? Seriously, I hope that you are able to get things fixed in time for the weekend.

Herb and I will [hopefully] be there late Fri afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone again the usual HMSP "mist".

Charlie
Really Phil - where are your priorities? Re-schedule the root canal for AFTER HMRR!
John
Member 293 (I think)
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

R4R&R wrote:
chibbert wrote:Extended forecast does not look good. I won't be attending if it'll be a drip-fest.
You can never trust an extended forecast beyond four days. This is looking better:
National Weather Service (NOAA) wrote:Friday: Isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 88. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night: Isolated showers after midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Under 40% is gooood....

I'm bringing my Kelty tarp so this issue does not affect our evening party....
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Post by challey »

Employing my unparalleled grasp of the obvious: A 40% chance of precipitation means a 60% probabilty of no rain which in turn means the odds are in our favor.
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

challey wrote:Employing my unparalleled grasp of the obvious: A 40% chance of precipitation means a 60% probabilty of no rain which in turn means the odds are in our favor.
There go those estimators again :)
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

I'm bringing my Kelty tarp so this issue does not affect our evening party....
Mine will be packed too! From last year's Hungry Mother weekend:

'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
chibbert
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 202

Post by chibbert »

Sorry to ask such a lame question but here goes.

Do you guys bring a sleeping bag? Looking at the temps - I am thinking I would likely prefer just taking a sheet instead. Much less bulk too.
2004 R1150RS
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Chris, I use a light weight sleeping bag, but usually end up sleeping on top of it.

On a more somber note, it doesn't look like I will be able to make it. I am having trouble with one of the pistons on my rear break caliper releasing, and it looks like I may have to rebuild it. I don't wanna ride a thousand miles with it like that, and inadvertently cause more damage.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
R4R&R
Basic User

Post by R4R&R »

Packed and ready. Need to get emissions done on one of my four-wheeled vehicles early, then heading out. Should be there sometime in the early afternoon.

See ya'll there.
John
Member 293 (I think)
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Hey, what gives!

no report? no pictures?
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
NoRRmad
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 388

Post by NoRRmad »

Ey! They don't get back until tomorrow. In the meantime:
Overnight: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. South wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
The Hungry Mother Rain Ride LIVES ON!
#388 '02 R1150R Black: The darkest color.