Sydney Riders -impromptu ride, Sunday 23

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

mvk
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Sydney Riders -impromptu ride, Sunday 23

Post by mvk »

Hi Folks, Peter B and I are planning to meet at Pie in the Sky for tomorrow (23 May) between 10 and 10.30, weather permitting - would be great to get our group of rrr's together again and of course any one else who is interested. Depending on the mood and weather we will venture further afield, maybe to Wollombi but everyone can choose to do their own thing after a bit of coffee and a catch up. Show us your farkles!!!
Caroanbill
Lifer

Re: Sydney Riders -impromptu ride, Sunday 23

Post by Caroanbill »

Missed! But judging by the rain Miss 3 and I were splashing about in, perhaps it was a fizzer.

Wouldn't mind a decent run in the next two weekends if anyone's up ... I now have Wunderlich's emperor's new clothes fairing so I'm not as exposed to winter ... but can't do the long weekend.

Last run was Sydney Bundanoon Taralga Oberon Bilpin - 550km day - but shorter is good too. Will take a mid-week run to Canberra in a couple of weeks, to get new lights and horn fitted by Mick Owen (and 30K service done) ... but (having lived there 13 years) I know Canberra in June-August isn't everyone's idea of fun.
#584 Crystal Grey tour-farkelled Vespa GTS250 PX150
xF650CS R1150RS R80 K1100LT R65LS K100RT
Bodes
Basic User

Post by Bodes »

Caroanbill,
I know what you mean about this time of year. I have to go to Goulburn for work tomorrow and then on to Canberra tomorrow night.

Given the weather my wife thought I might go by car but; torrential rain and frosts don't seem to be a good enough reason to get in a car so I'll just harden up and leave at 6am tomorrow.

I plan on doing a few long rides as my bike will be in compulsory hibernation for 3 months shortly posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=20411#and I thought I might just get a bit out of my system - so scr*w the weather. Then it's 3 winter months on the pushbike. posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=20411#I wish I wasn't so photogenic. mehhh...

If you're up for a ride let me know and I'll do my best to join you just .... because ...posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=20411#

Peter
Current 09 R1200R. More recently ex '09 R12GS, 07 R12R, 07 F800ST & distant memories
Bodes
Basic User

Post by Bodes »

Sorry about that last post I thought I was putting some smilies in ... I'll just stick to words from now on.
Current 09 R1200R. More recently ex '09 R12GS, 07 R12R, 07 F800ST & distant memories
Caroanbill
Lifer

Post by Caroanbill »

Mis'rable winter forecast for Sat - Sun - 15-25mm rain, max OK at 19C but that combination will be worse on any decent road .. what a good weekend to see the Biennale of Sydney!

Thinking I'd be tempted Sunday 6th June for a ride say 9 (or 10)am to about 3pm ... eg a Wollombi lunch (ah ain't goin' south til the sun shines!!)
#584 Crystal Grey tour-farkelled Vespa GTS250 PX150
xF650CS R1150RS R80 K1100LT R65LS K100RT
mvk
Lifer

Post by mvk »

Hi folks, have sent text messages to all Sydney rr riders a few days ago but did not appear to work so resent this morning - subject to no obvious rain tomorrow morning (Sunday 5 June) I will head up to Brekky at Brooklyn by 9.30 and I would be happy to do lunch at Wollembi - getting very itchy with this rain curtailing activities.

Michael
0419 169 300