Beakster Bash 2012 - May 17th - 20th

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

ron prior
Basic User

Re: Beakster Bash 2012 - May 17th - 20th

Post by ron prior »

Any count on how many are going? plan on going?

There is a Euro Riders Rally the same weekend in Burkesville ,Ky. Put on by BMW of Nashville.

Doing both would really stretch the w/end and I can't decide....the BB is about 300 mi & the Euro is about 220.....
STDocLizard1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by STDocLizard1 »

ron prior wrote:Any count on how many are going? plan on going?

There is a Euro Riders Rally the same weekend in Burkesville ,Ky. Put on by BMW of Nashville.

Doing both would really stretch the w/end and I can't decide....the BB is about 300 mi & the Euro is about 220.....
We have four coming from the Garden State, meeting with another couple from the Finger Lakes and I'm rooming with my buddy from Georgia. I believe our attendance record stands at 29 participants back at BBV. This will be my sixth straight Bash in as many years.

Doc
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
AndyRR
Lifer

Post by AndyRR »

Sadly, I will no longer be able to go. Totally gutted about it. Before I cancel my hotel room, is anyone having trouble getting a room? Didn't know if the hotel is booked or not.
ron prior
Basic User

Post by ron prior »

Any of you guys ever been to that Euro Bike Night...rally?
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Ron - I counted between 13-15 people who have checked in on the thread that are coming. I suspect there are a few more who have not posted that they are coming but are planning on it or folks waiting until the last minute to make arrangements.

Don't think it will equal our record attendance but should be enough to make it an interesting weekend. Especially after we get into the wine! :lol:

(after riding is done, btw!)
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Beemeridian wrote:Hope you guys don't mind my jumping in...
I have not seen any mention of routes, and since I ride WV all the time (or, did till the surgery), I'd like to make sure you hit 311 over Peter and Potts mountains toward Roanoke. It's one of the finest roads around. All of 3 is good from Sweet Springs to Wolfcreek.
Personally, I adore 39/42 from Lexington to Marlinton, then south on 219; it's a good mix of easy riding and good scenery from Goshen westward, with a couple dozen miles of killer twisties. Then I kick back on I64 and chill homeward - except 60 east of Buena Vista! Sometimes I ride that 20 miles....over and over - DANG IT'S FUN!
Already on my radar. We did a little recon coming home from Johnson City, TN last June as well as "The Boy's Weekend Out" over Columbus Day Weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

We have a few of us(6) coming in on Wednesday just to get three full days of riding in before departing on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Doc
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Post by Buckster »

Ok...I'm in... and they still have some rooms left!
Buckster '03R
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

"Looking forward to seeing you again."

Doc, Knowing Dave well, I think he meant "jumping in" on the topic, not the Bash. Either way, it would be good to have him along for the rides and especially in the group conversations after hours, where he and I would share our Right thinking views (related to "the big voice on the right" in my signature below). :smt023

The bike and truck's GPS units are already programmed for the Motel address and my bike is ready for it's 8+ hour super slab truck ride there. The truck provides it's toolbox, mercury & water manometers, show-n-tell parts and :shock: :cry: recovery services. Here's hoping the gas prices drop a lot before then so feeding the Nissan's 29 MPG is easier on the budget.

BTW, I still have yet to drag race someone on an R1150R. :-k
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
Beemeridian
Lifer

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Beemeridian wrote:
CycleRob wrote:"Looking forward to seeing you again."

Doc, Knowing Dave well, I think he meant "jumping in" on the topic, not the Bash. Either way, it would be good to have him along for the rides and especially in the group conversations after hours, where he and I would share our Right thinking views (related to "the big voice on the right" in my signature below). :smt023 :-k
Sure can't deny that I'd love to join you gents and chat; share good memories and laughs - being so nearby. But I can't ride while recovering from a left ankle fusion. May not ride again if I can't shift; I'll know in a month or two if the Dr. lets me then.
Still, be nice to drive over for a night if there's a place to rest my head. Maybe drag Wayne along for laughs!
Sorry to hear your "on the mend" from a surgical procedure.
There is always "the cage" to make the journey over the mountain.
Arbreacames
Basic User

Post by Arbreacames »

wncbmw wrote: ... folks waiting until the last minute to make arrangements.
Ehem, are you talking about me? OK, you shamed me into action. Reservation done, arrival on Friday 18th.
Carlos D.
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Hey Carlos - glad I shamed you into coming! :lol: We won't be ashamed to ride and hang out with you though!

And I think Dave and Wayne coming via cage as players on the Injured Reserve list is an excellent idea!

Don't need to be riding to have a good time with us. Heck, Rob is taking a cage too! :P
Vann - Lifer No. 295
scottybooj
Lifer

Post by scottybooj »

Sucks that I can't make it...I have a conference up at Turning Stone in upstate NY that weekend.

I'll never forget Marlinton....

Have fun everyone
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
Beemeridian
Lifer

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Honda PCX150
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Beemeridian wrote:Miss you already Scotty - seems like forever!

I talked to Wayne about us doing a Bash one-night stand on the 18th, and he was thrilled at the suggestion. We have a room for Friday night reserved, and we are both very excited at being allowed to join our old friends, however briefly, for another Bash!
Outstanding!
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

We have a room for Friday night reserved, and we are both very excited at being allowed to join our old friends, however briefly, for another Bash!
Great! Glad to see you guys can show up!
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Vann,
Do ya think we can do a day trip to see Darth? Or is it too far?
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Jeff - I would think it would be too far. I have visited 3 times and he has not been awake yet. Probably was today but he had lots of family in with very short visiting hours, so I did not go into the room.

For those members wondering what Biff and I are talking about, a former member of this board known as Darthrider was in a serious bike accident a week ago while visiting WNC and is the ICU unit of the hospital in Asheville.

It would be a 6 hour trip one way from Lewisburg. I will bring an update for those folks who remember him. He is getting better!
Vann - Lifer No. 295
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

For those that remember the pic of the black R1150R with red wheels in front of the guy in the movie quality Dart Vader outfit, the link to DarthRider's on-going hospital treatment is HERE.
Still in serious but stable condition, surrounded by his wife Betty, sister Sue and son Danny, all a very long way from home (Texas). Even if you don't know him, it is a good read that hammers home the value of friends and family in times of adversity. There just has to be an easier way to find that out.

Getting back on topic of our Bash, it will be good for all members to meet Beemeridian (Dave) and TowerWorker (Wayne), friends who are both recovering from non motorcycle related health problems that prevent them from showing up on (or with) their R1150R's.

BTW, my "cage" is my old Nissan pickup truck, used to carry a bike and it's rider who is unwilling to waste the bike's rear tire on a dull, 1 way 8 hour sore-a55 highway commute. :roll:
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--