2013 Beakster Bash, May 16-19, Marietta, OH

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Re: 2013 Beakster Bash, May 16-19, Marietta, OH

Post by Daryl_stamp »

SteveK,

Is that your 1200R cam head?

DLS
SteveK
Basic User

Post by SteveK »

Daryl_stamp wrote:SteveK,

Is that your 1200R cam head?

DLS

Yes it is.
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

I'm in the bar at the hotel waiting for Doc & the guys to return; we'll probably go somewhere for dinner. Maschew is here now also, but haven't seen him since he arrived around 4:30.
johnnyjs1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 607

Post by johnnyjs1 »

When/where is everyone meeting for ride in morning. Got a hotel other side of river couldn't find anyone.
See, I told you guys, half the time I dont know what I'm talking about.
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Nothing formal setup that I know of, but should be gathering in the parking lot between 8:00 and 9:00.
tjconc
Basic User

Post by tjconc »

"How many times can I hit replay?" :mrgreen:

dindin 001 by tjconc, on Flickr
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Not enough ! !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

I doubt I will make it this year. But I will definitely next year!! And on 2 wheels!!!

Tell all the guys (and gals) hi for me. :D
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Tower worker, we're looking forward to seeing you next year,
The new Bashmaster hasn't formally publicly accepted, but we all know who he is, and we know BBXI will be closer to VA than NY.

See you next year :D
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I made it home in a little over two hours. What a great weekend and some really nice riding. I even made it all weekend without getting rained on.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
tjconc
Basic User

Post by tjconc »

Biff's R wrote: What a great weekend and some really nice riding. I even made it all weekend without getting rained on.
Indeed. Kudos to you d00d. The 2 days that I rode were the best consecutive days that I've ever done. Great roads, weather and peeps. Thanks for the hospitality. Catch y'all next time and don't be hogging all of the intertubes re-watching those twerkin' vids over and over again. [-X

TJ
touchton
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by touchton »

I'm back home safe and sound. Ran through 3 downpours on the way home, but they were short lived. I didn't put on my rain gear for any of them. My jacket and I both needed a shower.

Had a great time as usual. If not for urbandictionary.com I wouldn't have understood anything the Jersey Boys were saying. I'll have to look for that twerkin' video from last night.

Thad
SteveK
Basic User

Post by SteveK »

I got home at ~2 this afternoon. Had a good time and it was nice meeting everyone. I look forward to attending next year.
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

We arrived safe all the way home, over 500 miles. G suggested we might be able to go all the way, so of course I complied. No rain, no constabulary and for the most part no traffic (except a few minutes in downtown Pittsburgh).

Jeff, the roads in southern Ohio are really good, thanks for a great Bash X.

See you all next year.
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

Home safe. Thank you Bashmaster, had great time! Also thanks to STDoclizard for guiding me home, the little "break" at Hellertown was perfect!

Will post pics soon, but have to find decent photosharing service, Google has completely wrecked Picasa. :evil:

Also, posted C3 for sale here, if anyone interested, or if you know someone in the market. Thanks!
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

After our start was delayed for more visiting (a good thing) and a long breakfast with my travel companions, I finally headed home and managed to dodge the rain until I was an hour from home. Then promptly had to pull over and wait an hour for the intense lightning show to pass through. Making the top of my Arai an attractive lightning rod truly scares the crap out of me.

But I made it home without any drama. Great time and once again, I was surprised at the fun roads in Ohio!

Strange Bash in that I did not take a single picture, except for a couple of phone shots. But when I finally broke out the GoPro I borrowed from my son, there should be some interesting videos! I will post them up when I can figure out how to edit them down.

Great to see everyone and hopefully, we'll see you again next year.
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Post by machew01 »

I got home safe and sound - 400 miles in 8.25 hours. Although, the heavy fog on I-77 in the VA mountains and the heavy rains for a couple of hours made it a bit of a challenge. This was a great Bash. The roads were terrific, everyone had a great time, and the weather was better than we have a right to expect. Let's do it again!

mac
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

John Slater and I were able to reach our respective nests intact and without incident. Extremely cool temperatures, dense fog at Mt. Storm, spotty mist, and a couple of insane cagers kept us on our toes. A couple of detours to avoid congestion on the interstate left us in a drag race with Bronco Billy and his diesel dually spewing effluent throughout the land on US 15. FUN!

Fantastic Bash as always. Biff did a great job and thanks to him for leading for the first two days over his favorite slices of tarmac. Happy to see some old faces and meet a new one: SteveK.

See you down south next year.

Doc
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
johnnyjs1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 607

Post by johnnyjs1 »

Great riding...sorry I missed seeing a bunch of you guys, but it was nice seeing John, Doc, Daryl and his lovely wife. Had a very interesting trip down Friday. Pulled in at 8:45, couldnt find anyone so i had a bite to eat in the lounge. I booked a room across the river in W.V. On my way there was a sobriety checkpoint. Sat in line for about 35 minutes waiting my turn. Finally got to the head of the line and the officer asks me to put the bike in neutral and show him my license. As I'm pulling out my I.D. he walks around the bike and says "I got a question for you." "Sure" I say. "Where is your license plate?" "Huh? Your kidding, right?" "Nope, you have no plate." Me, "Sonnofab@!$%. Well, my guess is it is somewhere between here and Cleveland." He was a really nice guy and asked a bunch of questions out of ear shot from the rest of the officers almost whispering..."Is your license valid? Is this your bike? Is it registered in your name? All of which the answer to was YES Sir. He called it in and everything checked out. He told me he wasnt going to give me a ticket and to get to the BMV first thing in the morning and see what they could do for me. So i got up at 7:30 and got to the BMV as they were opening. I did not have my registration with me (left it on the table at home of course). I explained my situation to the girl behind the counter. She asked for my drivers license, went to the back room, came back, handed me a new plate and registration and said "That'll be $11" Didnt even ask for my registration!! Put the new plate on, and pulled into the hotel parking lot at 8:57. Had a great breakfast/lunch did some riding, and broke off for home. Great weather, great riding...and most of all....great friends!!! Thanks much guys =D>
See, I told you guys, half the time I dont know what I'm talking about.
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

johnnyjs1 wrote:Great riding...sorry I missed seeing a bunch of you guys, but it was nice seeing John, Doc, Daryl and his lovely wife. Had a very interesting trip down Friday. Pulled in at 8:45, couldnt find anyone so i had a bite to eat in the lounge. I booked a room across the river in W.V. On my way there was a sobriety checkpoint. Sat in line for about 35 minutes waiting my turn. Finally got to the head of the line and the officer asks me to put the bike in neutral and show him my license. As I'm pulling out my I.D. he walks around the bike and says "I got a question for you." "Sure" I say. "Where is your license plate?" "Huh? Your kidding, right?" "Nope, you have no plate." Me, "Sonnofab@!$%. Well, my guess is it is somewhere between here and Cleveland." He was a really nice guy and asked a bunch of questions out of ear shot from the rest of the officers almost whispering..."Is your license valid? Is this your bike? Is it registered in your name? All of which the answer to was YES Sir. He called it in and everything checked out. He told me he wasnt going to give me a ticket and to get to the BMV first thing in the morning and see what they could do for me. So i got up at 7:30 and got to the BMV as they were opening. I did not have my registration with me (left it on the table at home of course). I explained my situation to the girl behind the counter. She asked for my drivers license, went to the back room, came back, handed me a new plate and registration and said "That'll be $11" Didnt even ask for my registration!! Put the new plate on, and pulled into the hotel parking lot at 8:57. Had a great breakfast/lunch did some riding, and broke off for home. Great weather, great riding...and most of all....great friends!!! Thanks much guys =D>
Did you arrive home in time to prevent the Ducati purchase?
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."