Beakster Bash IV - May 18-20, 2007 - Marlinton, WV

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

I decided to do a "DJ" to my rear tire in remembrance of you at the Bash Chum, but...

what happens at the Bash stays at the Bash

and since my rubber happened at the Bash...that's where it stayed :lol:

Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Made it Back

Post by DSKYZD »

Shew!!! 130 miles from Old Clark back to my house. Boy am I tired!!! :wink: Got home before 1pm today.

We'll probably lock this thread soon. Use Great Rides for your trip reports. I'm also uploading a few pictures, scenery mostly. There were several cameras in action.

Beaks, and Beaksters, and Bears!! Oh my!

DSKYZD

P.S. Yong had left a message on my cellphone (no cdma cell service up there, thank you GBT). He was just getting home about 5pm on Saturday and was very tired from a rough week. He was going to try to meet us for breakfast, as it turns out it was probably better that he got some good rest. We'll have to plan another Old Clark Inn gathering sometime.
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

Guys, I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting all of you and many thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Had a really great time at dinner last nite, I wish I could remember all the names. It will take me some time to put real names with board names. I guess my memory is going the way of my hair. At any rate it was great!

To John and Alex--again I don't remember the board association---John you are probably wondering what all my waving and gestures were about when you took the I81 exit there at Staunton--I had it in my mind that you were going 81 north. Then I remembered and realized you were taking I-64 over the mt. to get to Fredericksburg. Again, Senior moment!

Again many thanks and can't wait for the next one!

Wayne
jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by jb44 »

...made it to Knoxville safely, where it was sunny and 70 degrees... on to Murphy, NC tomorrow. Greatly enjoyed the time in Marlinton.

jb
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

I left at 10:35AM and got home 8:01PM. Stopped 9 times in total, for gas, food and a State map from each of the Virginia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina and Georgia welcome centers. Drank an excess of fountain water at each one and I feel great now.

My wife Ann helped unload the bike on the slope of my driveway. No sweat. Good to be home. It was 495 miles ( 797Km ). My dog was really really glad to see me. Ann seemed pleased too. The licks and the love bites came from the dog.

Speeding up the video was tough because I had to slow all those other oncoming vehicles down. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Good thing all the traffic lights were green and officer Buford T. Justice wasn't hiding by the bridge.

I know how to make all the Bash attendees laugh again. All I gotta say is:
"Can you stand up please?"
And that was from 1 of our 3 our guest Honda riders!
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
Beemeridian
Lifer

Post by Beemeridian »

"Can you stand up please?"
It'll be a classic!

And I'm not telling anyone!!
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by DJ Downunder »

Nice one.... :smt023

As long as it doesn't go 'pop' it's all good..was someone doing burnouts or just getting to most out of it.. :D

DJ
Beemeridian
Lifer

Post by Beemeridian »

:shock: Rs can do burnouts? :shock:
2015 Honda PCX150
Marty2
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 492

Post by Marty2 »

One of the Honda riders and myself were the last ones to leave the Inn yesterday AM. We zig zagged our way up to Winchester VA where we spent the night (just found the hotel quest computer). Getting ready to head out on the last leg of the trip.

We both had a great time at the Bash. Met a lot of great people there and felt very welcome. Looking forward to many more in the future. :D

Got to go now. I'll post again when we get home.

Marty
# 492
2013 Wee Strom
There is a thin line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Rs can do burnouts?
They sure can...This was me last week just before getting my new tires..My camera timer went off before it got really smokin'.. :D

DJ

Hey guys...How many beaksters were there.. :?:
scottybooj
Lifer

Post by scottybooj »

hundreds! :wink: probably about 20 or so.
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
Beemeridian
Lifer

Post by Beemeridian »

Well, waddya know...they can do burnouts! Never tried it. Probably never will, knowing my luck I'll end up flat on my arse.

Marty, it was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to the next Bash or, if you're in central Virginia (oh hell, anywhere in Virginia) PM me so we can ride, eh? 8)
2015 Honda PCX150