Beakster Bash IV - May 18-20, 2007 - Marlinton, WV

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

mcollect
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by mcollect »

I don't know about signing up for this Bash. Being a Unorthodox Luddite I am not sure I'll fit in. All the name calling shall make me carry a large dictionary just to keep on the correct page.
Michael
MG 78 LeMans
2002 R1150R
78 R100S
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

Come on over, showing up is the surest way to not get called a bad name. Well, not too bad anyway.

We need more folks to let in on these inside jokes so someone other than us will know what the heck we're talking about.

You and anyone else would be very welcome.
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

You KNOW what we're talking about?
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Hiawassee, the Hungry Mother of the South
What a great analogy!
And not far from one of my fav roads; Richard Russell Scenic Hwy.
Anyone ever take a bike up to Brasstown Bald? Will you ever forget the smell of descending cager's brakes during your ascent? My first time up was on my 1983 R65LS with a friend who deftly outdid me on his CB1100F without actually making me look too bad. Now that's class!
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
scottybooj
Lifer

Post by scottybooj »

Hey guys...what's the deal with the rooms at the Inn? is it for thurs-sun or fri-sun?

I have work till 8:30pm EST thursday night so i'd be riding all night to get in for friday morn. Is the ride starting out early friday?
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Scott,
Rooms are Fri and Sat night. Last time we were in the Marlinton area there were quite a few of us who took a morning and an afternoon loop. I think that most folks prefer to ride in groups of 6 or less. Any more, and things get more complicated.

We could always plan a spot to meet you on Friday morning. Somewhere like Seneca Rocks.

You may be better off stoping for a few hours of sleep before you enter WV. Harrisonburg, WV possibly. Yong knows the trip from NY to WV/VA the best.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Old Clark and Dirt Bean Houses are reserved for Friday and Saturday night at the flat rate each of you have paid (Scott, see my PM). Breakfast is an additional $5.30 (incl tx) each morning payable to the Innkeeper.

Some members are arriving Thursday, most Friday, some Saturday.

The Old Clark Inn can do a lodging referral if you contact them directly this week - for those who have not contacted me directly and for those who choose to arrive without reservations.

There are usually no set plans but we try to socialize Friday evening and have a dinner Saturday evening at which we discuss next year's Bash and do door prizes.

As of today (Wednesday, May 9) there is no plan for a Saturday dinner --- HINT HINT

Nelson and Andrea at Old Clark Inn can provide the fixin's for a cook-out of dogs and cows for a fixed fee, but I have not set that up. They need to know this week, so they can buy supplies for next week. Anyone who wishes to set that up, call Nelson directly, tell him you are with the BMW Rider Group with CAM and do the deed. I am pretty sure the others will chip in to share costs (right?)

What remaining questions are there? Everybody knows the room situation, right? All but two are confirmed (they get a separate e-mail). All but 3 have paid (they know...not to worry).

I highly recommend US 60 from Lewisburg to Gauley Bridge and WV 39 from there to Marlinton for a Saturday ride. You will tell me I am a genius!
chibbert
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 202

Post by chibbert »

As things stand, my father and I should be arriving sometime in the late afternoon on Thursday. Unfortunately, due to some wrist trouble of my fathers, he can not ride for extended periods without going completely numb - as a result, we will be trailering down. I'm trying to coordinate somewhere to keep the trailer with Nelson right now so we'll see how that goes.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing those of you that attend and am anxious to talk behind the backs of those who do not attend. :)

Chris
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Anyone eaten at that dining establishment along the river? Looks decent and should have enough room to handle our size group for Saturday night. Someone could call and make a reservation after we all get there and we have an idea of group size.
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

River Place.

Typical mom and pop establishment. Friendly, locally owned, simple fare.

If they agree to a large group for Saturday night, that would be good.

Who will make the call (asked Henny Penny).
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I have eaten there several times. Kevin50R and I ate there after I wrecked my red R and he nearly ran me over. It was a long lunch to try to calm the nerves.

I also had lunch there at the last Bash. Good food, great setting.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

Biff's R wrote:I also had lunch there at the last Bash. Good food, great setting.
I think I was with you. Decent place, nothing fancy. We won't have to worry about being overdressed at that place, but nice 'atmosphere'.
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

It is in walking distance from the Inn (In case anyone was to have a beer or three with dinner).

Of course, everything in Marlinton is within walking distance! :lol:
Vann - Lifer No. 295
CupOHemlock
Basic User

I am going to be there... really

Post by CupOHemlock »

Just to let you all know... I will be at the Bash. I will be staying at the Dirt Bean and I plan to arrive on Friday.

I will leave Fredericksburg in the early AM and arrive, likely, early afternoon.

COH (Rich)
Thunder Grey 2010 S1000RR "The Beast" (sold)
Metallic Red Apple 2011 R1200R
Member #494
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Re: I am going to be there... really

Post by R4R&R »

CupOHemlock wrote:I will leave Fredericksburg in the early AM and arrive, likely, early afternoon.

COH (Rich)
Anyone from NOVA want to meet up for a trip out? I was thinking of something along the lines of I-66 to US55, then south on something fun, like 220 or 28?

Rich? Mike?

Is anyone that's arriving Thursday, riding Friday north towards Seneca Rocks want to meet up? I'm planning on making my ride TO the bash just as much fun.
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

John - I want at one of my loops to include Seneca Rocks, so I might be interested in meeting up! Phil, Yong and I ate at a little pizza/sandwich place right at that intersection last WV Bash. Good place to meet.

PM me or email me when you have an idea of your schedule.
Vann - Lifer No. 295
scottybooj
Lifer

Post by scottybooj »

who's coming from the northeast that would like to ride down together? i plan on leaving very early friday morn.
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

Per M:

At Watoga...Beaver Creek Campground NOT Riverside Campground....
yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

I won't be able to make it until the end of the afternoon Saturday. Sigh. So I'll plan on joining y'all for dinner Saturday and some beers and stories afterward. I'll then join in on whatever morning rides you guys go on and then head for the DC area in the afternoon.

p.s. - I'll be on my HD Dyna Glide, so spirited riding is out for me... My Roadster is overdue for its 42k services. Like over a thousand miles overdue.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
mcollect
Lifer

Post by mcollect »

I will be leaving Baltimore for Garrett County on Thursday evening. I have a home off Rt 219 a few miles south of I 68. If anyone needs or wants a place to stay Thursday night give me a PM. I plan to ride down Rt 219 Friday morning. Any and all are welcome to stop for breakfast and ride down afterwards.
Michael
MG 78 LeMans
2002 R1150R
78 R100S