Going to Florida, any suggestions?

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Post by Lost Rider »

Parkblu wrote:ChiTown,

just came back from a trip and saw your post - are you still in Fla?

If so why don't you come by, I'm located in Fort Lauderdale. Would be a pleasure to show you around a bit.

You can e me directly at parkblue at gmx dot net
darn, just missed you. thanks for the invite though.:)

I was in the Keys for 3 days, made my way north, camped in Orange City and now I'm at my Aunt's home in Rock Hill SC.
I dropped my bike off at BMW of Charlotte this morning for a much needed, overdue 12k service, and some new tires. I also finally had the left side-full size inner case done, along with a new roll-top water proof bag from to replace the Helen2wheels bag I have that failed.
I'm picking it up tomorrow and going to head up to Boone NC, then taking the Blue Ridge parkway north planning to get to Washington DC on Saturday to celebrate my birthday with a few old friends.
Hopefully I will camp in the Shenandoah National Park on the way into DC, then head on down to the Smoky Mountain National Park on Sunday.

Of course this is all dependant on the weather. As long as there's no snow.........
I've already decided I'm buying a Gerbing jacket liner tomorrow, considering the highs are going to be in the 40's, with lows in the 20's in the mountains. I already went to REI today for a few things including a fleece liner for my sleeping bag to help with the cold I will be camping in this week.
The Keys were quite nice and warm, but after 3 days of fishing, snorkeling, and mostly chilling I had to get moving north into the cold, where I could ride some nice curvy roads. Couldn't sit around any longer.
Seems like I'm a few weeks late for some of the rides I'm hoping to do, but hey, I'm here my bike has fresh tires and all tuned u, so why not.

I will do a full report when I return sometime soon.

Cheers!

-Joe
Get Lost!