BMWMOA Rally '07 in Wisconsin

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Post by Lost Rider »

I'm going! I wasn't sure if I was able to go, but it's a done deal, I'm packed and ready to go. See you in the morning OU812.
I'll be camping of course, more than likely setting up near the CRBMW tent, since they have space. If you want to find me, just look for the big German flag ( If I can find a way to fly it).
The bad news is I have to leave Friday night, I have a gig on Saturday...

See ya'll there!

-Finn
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

Hey ChiTown - what was the name/location of your favorite spot for camping in Arkansas? I'm heading there tomorrow.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Post by Lost Rider »

GypsyRR wrote:Hey ChiTown - what was the name/location of your favorite spot for camping in Arkansas? I'm heading there tomorrow.
Start around Dardanelle, get a Arkansas Atlas & Gazetteer from Wal-Mart and look for some National Forest service campgounds, like the Delaware CG. There's lots of them not on any maps, once you go to one, there you can get a map. After there head towards Mountain View. If you go straight north then cut over East, you'll go through Ozark NF, the best roads IMO, absolutely stunning.
HWY 7 is amazing then cut over HWY 16, you'll see the route when you study a map.
I wish I had more info, are you alone? The National Forest land CG's are nice, ( and free, mostly) but quite isolated, with no showers or security, just what I look for, but maybe not you. I know how you roll, and I'm very sensitive to my environment, living in Chicago and all, and I never got any weird vibes down there, just good people around.... left my stuff un-attended all day a couple times at remote campgrounds.... The state park CG's are very nice, but expensive and more crowded, but "safer".
Dardanelle, Herber Springs, Mountian View, Mountain Home, Jasper. A loop around any of these cities is the best Arkansas has to offer IMO.
Just get a proper high-res Atlas and you can find lots of CG's.
Lake Dardanelle had the best fishing, but by now the fish are out deep... There are plenty of mountain streams with good trout fishing though, just ask around. The White River seems to be the spot for that.
Have fun, and for Gods sake, while you in and of the National Forest land, go down some fire roads, there's plenty that aren't too hardcore, just gravel, or hard packed dirt. It's worth it, trust me. Even if you just go a mile off the pavement, and turn off your engine and enjoy!
Can't wait to read your report.
I'll be available via my iPhone anytime if you have any other questions, just send a PM. :)
Rubber Side Down!

:D

Nice Avartar
Last edited by Lost Rider on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyT607
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 156

Post by TonyT607 »

Hey Gypsy have a great trip. If you change your mind, head north to the Rally....a bunch of us are here.....
Tony
Lifetime #156
2013 K1600GT