Mid-West Ride - First annual :-)

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

marousek
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by marousek »

So far, I am obviously going and I may have 2-3 non BMWs very interested in joining up. I am happy with a vote or an interview process on accepting them for the ride. :D

Anyway. I have spent some time pouring of the maps of the area and the routes north and will likely post some pdfs over next few weeks.

Greetz from Brew City......
marousek
Basic User

Post by marousek »

Also....as far as I can count, we have 6 guys that have responded here. Everyone still up for the dates? Sorry if you can't make it, but do let me know here. I am going to call a few places shortly to make sure we are welcome as we make stops :-)
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

I'm OK with non-BMW riders. My only concern would be inexperienced sportbikers riding beyond their limits.

In fact my friend, who suggested Richland Center, is interested too. Saturday the 19th is her BDay, she is a member of the Mississippi River BMW Club but rides a HD Sportster :shock: (not the loud pipes!) She's been all over the US on that thing too, East Coast, Sturgis at least twice, Deals Gap, etc.

So, for me the count would be 3 if OK. (Me on the R1150R, my wife on her V-Star, and our friend on her Sportster)

Also: in an earlier post I mentioned staying over at Prairie, may not be a good idea, as Summer rates will kick in. PDC is expensive in summer $85 and up even at Super 8. Maybe you know some lower cost places or towns.
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
OU812
Lifer

Non BMW riders?

Post by OU812 »

I have no problem with anyone who rides respectfuly. The loud bikes WILL have to ride behind, as I have lots of saddle time riding just to the rear and right of many of THOSE. Say WHAT? :lol:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
mad1150
Basic User

Post by mad1150 »

marousek,

I was told to tell you to check out the Star Lite Motel in RC WI.

Small mom & pop place, clean & reasonably priced.

http://www.rcstarlite.com/

Also was told you can reserve the whole lower & newer addition if available.
Last edited by mad1150 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
iowabeakster
Quadruple Lifer

Post by iowabeakster »

Back in the day, (30 months ago) when I had a brand new 04 R, i would head up that direction about once a week. God's country.

Still no commitments from me. I may have to wing it.

I would like cell phone numbers, and your plans. That way, if I just go for 1 day, I can say Hi.
I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray...
marousek
Basic User

getting closer

Post by marousek »

Ok ladies and gents. It is getting closer. Next step, please send me all your contact info. Primarily email. I will distribute the list of addresses and start sending detailed info that way. I will post non personal info about the ride here of course, but I want to start getting a count to make reservations by the end of next week. For any ad gov extras that are not sure, there is always space on the floor. Hahaha. Anyway. Send me your contact, number of bikes and riders and any concerns suggestions.

By the way. Sorry about any typos, but I am writing from the crackberry. (will be shut down for the ride. I guarantee you that.)
mad1150
Basic User

Post by mad1150 »

PM'd you my info, marousek.
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
OU812
Lifer

Info

Post by OU812 »

Same here. Looking more like springtime today. 8)
mad1150
Basic User

Post by mad1150 »

iowabeakster, I PM'd you my plans and info.

If you didn't get the PM, try pm'ing me your e:mail address.
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
marousek
Basic User

Post by marousek »

Steve and Mark. Got your PM. Thank you. Otherwise, the rest of you, I am setting a cutoff of March 23 (next Friday) for contact info for participants that want to be on the list for the places to crash. After that, everyone is welcome but on their own when we crash for the night. Deal?
marousek
Basic User

Post by marousek »

Just a suggestion guys. As to the route. I just found out that the historic sports car races at Elkhart Lake are that same weekend. Just to throw an idea in the hopper, we could head west from Madison, stay in the Prairie Du Chien and then ride across the state through Richland Center towards Elkhart Lake and make a stop there Sunday, crash in that area and then head back towards Madison Monday.

This is an alternative to the route heading north to Lake Superior side of the state.

Any feedback? I think we want the route nailed down ASAP for accommodations, but could not help but to throw the idea out there when I got the Elkhart Lake schedule in the main yesterday.
mad1150
Basic User

Post by mad1150 »

I have already set everything up based on Fri, Sat & Sun. based on the earlier decision of taking Fri off.

I was only planning on two nights, Fri and Sat, and then heading back home on Sunday.

I'm confused, has it now changed to Sat, Sun, & Mon? :?
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
marousek
Basic User

Post by marousek »

I am sorry. My bad. Yes...we are leaving Friday. I know a few people mentioned also riding Monday, but that being optional. So you are right ... Friday-Sunday.
mad1150
Basic User

Post by mad1150 »

No problem marousek, don't take much to confuse me anymore :roll:

On the RoadAmerica thing, I would rather just go for some nice rides on some nice roads with a good group of people and good eats.

I'd like to go to RoadAmerica for the AMA Superbikes! Maybe a good idea for a next year group ride!
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
marousek
Basic User

Post by marousek »

Deal. Stick to the original plan then. I just wanted a second opinion. I will definitely be there for RA 500 and Superbikes and likely for Ferrari Challenge too, so maybe few people will want to go again. Otherwise, sticking to the plan. Good ride, good group and more importantly ... I ordered good weather :-)
mad1150
Basic User

Post by mad1150 »

Well, I was supposed to be up there in June to take the CLASS (Reg Pridmore) Motorcyle Riding Course.

Unfortunately they canceled their Touring classes this year. :cry:

What a blast riding my R on the race course would have been :D
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
OU812
Lifer

Road America

Post by OU812 »

That would be the Sh#t! Wow, too bad it was canceled, I would have wanted to be in on that,(with great protest from the Wife)! :D
marousek
Basic User

Ride detail

Post by marousek »

If anyone is still interested in joining us:

1. Friday - Madison - Spring Green - Prairie Du Chien - La Crosse (Staying that evening in http://www.trempealeauhotel.com/accomodations.asp.)
2. Saturday - LaCrosse - Superior, WI
3. Sunday - Superior, WI - Green Bay, WI
4. Monday - Green Bay - Madison (End of the ride - If we crash in Neenah - the remaining leg should put us in Madison around 12 easy)

Should be an awesome ride for all you undecideds.......
iowabeakster
Quadruple Lifer

Post by iowabeakster »

The boss is starting to talk like I MUST go. She says my mental health is more important than my financial health. I say it is too late for both.
I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray...