San Francisco travel recommendations

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Daryl_stamp
Lifer

San Francisco travel recommendations

Post by Daryl_stamp »

I'm planning a trip to SF in Oct to rent a bike and go down the PCH w/ MLW.
Any tips on the areas to seek out or avoid?

Thanks,

DLS
taosports
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by taosports »

Sure, I can point you to some fun, scenic roads. Just need some more details. How long do you plan to stay in the SF area?
rph802
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by rph802 »

Hope its not too late for some suggestions...

I was just out in that area in May. If you havent already got a bike I'd highly recommend Dubbleju motorcycle rentals. Google it and it'll come right. Good bikes, good prices and a very helpful staff.

I actually went north out of the city of the Golden Gate and through Alameida then onto the PCH. Terrific riding and very challenging, technical switchbacks. Some nice views of the ocean BUT I thought the stretch I did going into and south of Monterey were WAYYYY more impressive and thankfully less challenging!!! The distracting views would have been awful on those near 90 degree curves I encountered up north.

Monterey was awesome. Decently priced lodging, close to the highway and within a relatively easy walking distance to many bars and resturants. I was aiming for more than the just the coast hitting Napa and Yosemite that week too so I barely put a dent mielage wise on the PCH but it was a great 1000 miles in a week on an R1200R!!! Now thats a vacation!!! have fun!!

Craig
Life is too short to use cheap toilet paper :D
Member #457
95 R1100R Red
violleta1809
Basic User

Re: San Francisco travel recommendations

Post by violleta1809 »

Hey,

You are planning to go to the most beautiful place(San Francisco). I'll recommend you some of the places to visit and hope you will love those places and things to do there. Golden gate bridge is a very beautiful place to visit but just don't stare at it, just go and walk on it. Alcatraz Island, golden gate park and much more places. But be prepared for weather of San Francisco, pick the tour guide that you can save your time, you can also rent a bicycle there so that you can save money and you will feel a unique feeling. Hope this would help you Happy journey!
Thanks.

lake Tahoe nightlife