Welcome New Members (and old) - Introduce Yourself!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Mun
Basic User

Re: Welcome New Members (and old) - Introduce Yourself!

Post by Mun »

Hello all. My name is Neil. I have just put a deposit down on a Rockster which I hope to get within the next week or so. Are there any members in the U K. I am hoping to go to Europe when the weather improves.
Rusty_nail
Basic User

Post by Rusty_nail »

Gday all! Im picking up a 2001 R1150RT tomorrow arvo, and thought i would join your forum to learn abit about the bike I'm purchasing! I'm upgrading from an F650GS although I haven't ridden for years so it will be great to get back into the saddle!

Can't wait to chat and learn lots the bike!!

Cheers,

Nic
Tigcraft
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Tigcraft »

Registered years ago on this site and totally forgot all about this forum till now as I’ve now got my second BMW, a Rockster..........
DukeNukem
Basic User

Post by DukeNukem »

Hi! My name is Milan and I always loved BMW motorcycles, but never had a chance to own one. Ever since I was 17 and my mother wouldn't lend me money to buy R27 with sidecar in perfect order (that was in 1980 in Sarajevo) I had my eye on them. In 1984, right after the Winter Olympics, there was this beautiful brand new orange R65 in the store, but because of high import tariffs, it was out of reach. Anyway, I spent my youth riding MZs, Tomos' and JAWAs but haven't been riding for 30 years now. I hope in the near future, that will change. In particular, I'm interested in boxer twin air-cooled bikes. I recently obtained my motorcycle endorsement for the driving license (took and passed basic safety motorcycle course in Oregon).

I think this is a perfect place for me to be a member as well as place for me to ask the following question: For the first bike, after 30 years of not riding, should I go for 2002 R1150R w/ 42,000 miles (on sale for $3,000) or 2011 R1200R Classic w/ 16,000 miles (on sale for $7,000)? Thank you all in advance!
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

DukeNukem wrote:...haven't been riding for 30 years now. I hope in the near future, that will change. In particular, I'm interested in boxer twin air-cooled bikes. I recently obtained my motorcycle endorsement for the driving license (took and passed basic safety motorcycle course in Oregon).

I think this is a perfect place for me to be a member as well as place for me to ask the following question: For the first bike, after 30 years of not riding, should I go for 2002 R1150R w/ 42,000 miles (on sale for $3,000) or 2011 R1200R Classic w/ 16,000 miles (on sale for $7,000)? Thank you all in advance!
Welcome to the Roadster board.
No easy answer about which bike to buy. Both options have merits, both have risk though small.
Where are you located?
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
DukeNukem
Basic User

Post by DukeNukem »

I'm in Portland, OR.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

DukeNukem wrote:I'm in Portland, OR.
I'm in Salem. Happy to chat about bikes by phone or over beer.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
DukeNukem
Basic User

Post by DukeNukem »

Thank you! I will like to take you up the offer at some point. If I can find place to garage it, for that price I think I'll go with R1150R.
bMdeW
Basic User

Post by bMdeW »

Hi everyone,

I'm Marco from the Netherlands and motorcyclist since 1978. Currently riding a R1150R from 2001. Earlier I had a K100RT and several other bikes before.
Very happy that I found this R1150R site! I like to ride the bike and to maintain it aswell. Currently I'm working on the fuel pump (replaced it) and the fuel filter, installed quick connects. After 6000 trouble free kilometers I got stranded last month. After a short cooldown it ran again and luckely got home. Changed the hall sensors. And now it seems to run fine again.

see you around!