Welcome New Members (and old) - Introduce Yourself!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Welcome New Members (and old) - Introduce Yourself!

Post by Doug »

Welcome!
Member #1
jhawk
Basic User

I'm New Here

Post by jhawk »

Hello all… I live near Kansas City. I’m graphic designer, working for a monthly trade magazine.

I began riding around 1970 and have had a dozen+ bikes over the years. I ride to work most of the time, except when there’s snow or ice.

Currently I have 2 bikes: a 2007 R1200RA that I got this past summer (my 3rd BMW) and a 2004 Triumph Thunderbird Sport.

Some other interests I enjoy are photography, shooting and archery.
2007 BMW R1200RA
2004 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

Welcome to the gang jhawk!
Member #1
michelsmith
Basic User

Post by michelsmith »

Greetings new members and welcome to the forum. :D
BMW R1150R 2003
With lots of BMW Motorcycle Accessory:
ZTechnik Windshield, Crashbars ... :D
loris199
Basic User

Post by loris199 »

Hi guys, it's been a while since i registered here (6 months i think..!!!)
first message for me, a little bit late but... :mrgreen:
My name is Loris, 34, i'm from north Italy and i'm a lucky owner of the bike in the picture.
I purchased my Motorrad with 21.000km, 1 previous owner, nice conditions and Remus Revolution exhaust with removed kat.
This is my first bike, a friend suggested me to buy this beast even if my true love was a 2001 Speed Triple 8)
What can i say? I LOVE the bike, easy to ride, mountain roads killer, passenger has a good place to stay, and torque and sound are unique!
Right now my modifications consist in a shorter GS lever (365mm) that increased a lot the agility of the bike, and a modified eeprom that gave some smoother power delivery at low rpms.
I bought a couple of Ohlins shocks (waiting to be delivered...) and can't wait to the spring to come and have some fun :)
I'm also thinking about a new exhaust system (i LOVE the complete Laser Hotcam, i saw that somebody on this board has got it so i will ask for some more infos :mrgreen: )
That's my bike, pic taken last winter (you can see the number plate modification in progress, i'm mounting the R1200S to have a lighter tail section...)
Cheers!
Hope to have some fun here!
Ciao

Loris

Ell-on-Wheels
Lifer
Donating Member #: 60

Post by Ell-on-Wheels »

Hello people :)

New around here, owner of a 2001 R1150RT - we're both currently not very happy ... RT has an "issue", owner not happy cuz the source of the issue is yet to be found
Discovered this site while trying to find answers to the big gal's problem of stalling while stationary (posted, hoping for replies/suggestions of help - anytime soon?)
and decided to not just be a 'user' (lurker) but stick around and pay up a few dollars to help keep this great resource going :D

Cheers, Ell :)

(Melbourne, Australia)
AlecMyrddyn
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1022

Post by AlecMyrddyn »

Hello all!

I just signed up, but have been lurking for years reading and plotting for the day when I might actually own an R bike... Thanks for providing such an informative community.

I've been captivated by the R bikes since the R1150R was released. But I haven't had the money in the last 10 years to ever seriously consider buying one. There's a very good chance that may change this year, and I may become a member of the "R1200R Test Ride Victims" Club... I say "may" because my last couple new bike purchases have been made without enough testing or comparison, and I've ended up unhappy with the purchases after a couple years. So this time, I'm going to test a number of bikes before choosing. The R1200R is still top on my list though, and unless me or my girl really dislike it on the test ride, I'm fairly confident it will win the shootout.

I learned on an old Honda CM400E, and when it died, bought a V-Star 650. Learned after a few years that cruisers are not the bike for me. Decided I wanted something that could "do it all". Sporty but comfortable, I ended up with a Yamaha FJR 1300. After a few years, decided it was just too heavy and had too much wind protection for hot summer days, and sold it to a friend. Luckily, I bought an abused Ducati Monster 900 a couple years before selling the FJR, and nursed it back to health, so I have a fun ride.

But not I'm looking once again for that "perfect" all-arounder. The R1200R calls to me for it's ability to go from a tourer to a back road carver in just a few minutes. All while being comfortable, beautiful, and fairly easy to do your own maintenance on.

The other contenders I'm looking at include the Ninja 1000 ABS, which I fear will not be comfortable enough for my girl, and lacks in Alternator capacity; the Triumph Tiger 1050 SE; and the Ducati Multistrada 1200 S-Touring, which I test rode in November on a fairly cold afternoon and found to be nice, but very tall and very expensive.

Thanks for the wonderful community, and assuming I'm right and the R1200R wins the competition to become my next bike, you'll be seeing more of me.

-Alec
tiPirate
Basic User

N00b doing his duty

Post by tiPirate »

Hey all!

First bike for me, looking forward to getting lots of safe miles behind me.

Blue '97, non ABS. 143,000 Km/ 88K Miles.
Lob
Basic User

Post by Lob »

Late edition Rockster still going strong and still much loved!

Additions since that picture: Wunderlich Trimm screen, cylinder head protectors, a Hepco & Becker frame/topcase and a Laser Duo-Tech can.

Also the Rockster has moved from the Zurich area to 10 minutes away from Italy (still in Switzerland).
Fiona01
Basic User

Post by Fiona01 »

Hi guys! Fiona here, a new member and a newbie rider also. It was just lately that I discover I can manage a bike. I always thought a suzuki is too heavy I may fell from it. :lol:
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

Welcome Fiona - please post a pic of your bike and share with the rest of us.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
yanuarputra
Basic User

Post by yanuarputra »

Hi All,

I'm a new member and a new owner R1150R - 2002
I'm from Jakarta - Indonesia

:D

COR1100
Basic User

Greetings

Post by COR1100 »

Hey folks,

By way of introduction I just wanted to stop in and say "hey" and then quickly segue to the R1100R forum to ask some questions and generally b*tch about the newest addition to my stable.

I'm a "re-entry" rider who got into the Bavarian brand just over ten years ago after a near 17 year absence from riding. I'm pleased to say that the R1150RT is still in the garage and she's seen a '92 K1, '04 KRS, a '92 Ducati 907IE come and go and now shares space with an '06 K1200S and a '99 R1100R - my most recent acquisition.

I love the boxer engine BMW's and can't imagine not having one in the stable. I've ridden my RT in nineteen states and have a myriad of experiences to relay and knowledge to impart but with the latest addition I find I have much to learn hence my registering here.

And now to go over to the R1100R forum...
Regards,
Randy
COR1100
Basic User

Post by COR1100 »

Not as nifty as the other schweet R bikes posted but here she is:

Purchased about three weeks ago I just rolled past the 86K mark but you'd never know it to ride the bike. Her previous owners took very good care of her just as I intend to do.
Regards,
Randy
Sherman1
Basic User

Post by Sherman1 »

Hey Guys
I am Sherman from Ontario, Canada. I am here to say all you hi. this is my first post and I am 22 years old. my Dream car is Ferrari Spider and I have Honda Civic 2009. I love to play game on PC. My Favorite games are BF3, MW3 GTA IV. I am here to get some knowledge about cars. I hope it would be a great time with you guys.
paulacastro
Basic User

Post by paulacastro »

another BMW enthusiast cruses here :) catalogues no credit check
MattnLA
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by MattnLA »

hi all,

I used to be quite active on this board but haven't been heard from in several years. My life got very intense with business, marriage, kids, etc. You know, the little things that can get in the way of riding. I am now also back in school as a full time graduate student.

i live in Los Angeles, and ride a 2002 R1150R in light blue. No major mods. Sargent saddle, signal minder, system cases, large windscreen. I used to be able to get out much more and take advantage of the 300 plus days of california sunshine. I currently have 40k on the odometer. I bought the bike used in '04 when it only had a sad 3000 miles on it. I admit that 36k in 9 years is pretty shameful but I'm working on it. :)

I will be leaving my ride in the garage this summer though as I will be taking a summer teaching position in Clayton, GA. This does put me smack in the middle of some pretty amazing riding territory though, and I'm hoping to rent at least a few times and get out and see what's what. If anyone in the area wishes to ride, i'd certainly appreciate riding with a local.

Cheers all.

Mathew
jacques1
Basic User

Post by jacques1 »

Hi Everyone,

Myself Jacques also a new member of the forum.
juliamcgee
Basic User

Post by juliamcgee »

Hi, recently joined the forum and liking it. Getting so much to learn about. www.pokiesslotmachines.com.au
likiemikie
Basic User

Post by likiemikie »

hi to everyone. just discovered this forum a few days ago, and decided to join initially because i saw this:Image on Craigslist and wanted to know what the color scheme was called, and if it was a special order or not. simply spectacular. had i the money today i would own it today. :P

i have not owned a bike since 1972, which was a 1970 Kawasaki Trail Boss which i ripped up Colorado Springs North Cheyenne Canyon and Ft Carsons jeep and tank trails (as long as i stayed fairly close to I-25 i was pretty safe from artillery fire) with.

i realise reentering the riding world after over 45 years absence to a 85 horsepower 530 lb street-bike is very aggressive, but to be honest it is just a stepping stone to my true objective which is a K1600GT, which would be unspeakably insane. plus i need a few more model years to pass before i could honestly afford one (maybe 3 model years). yes i could go smaller/cheaper, but i want the BMW owner experience, good and bad. i want a sport cruiser since that is what the k1600 is. up until he went to prison for gun running (WHO KNEW :shock: ) i had a friend who had a 1973 HD something or orther that i rode for short (20-25 minute) JUANTS, and i did okay. need work on slow speed control and front brake usage, and really need to get that "friction zone" control down. fortunately i live in an area with many school parking lots, and subdivisions nearby, and i am self-employed and work from home so not only can i set my own hours, i do not need to commute to work, so i can learn at any pace i need to.

so all of that to say, i am looking forward to learning the r1150r or rs (kinda preferable, just horribly difficult to find) on this forum, and until i make a purchase experiencing my riding vicariously through some of you.

btw, i noticed on the f800 forum some kind of poking fun at the Rotex sourced engine. i had not known BMW used a Rotex until today for some of it's models, but Rotex is also sourced for aviation by Tecnam for it's P2006T model. the OneEngineInoperative performance for that aircraft using Rotex 912 engines is incredible! Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R86JJ5LtNxA OEI probably kill more pilots than any other single occurrence. with the Rotex engines this pilot engages OEI with impunity. nothing low rent about Rotex.

Mike