Welcome New Members (and old) - Introduce Yourself!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Welcome New Members (and old) - Introduce Yourself!

Post by OU812 »

Welcome! I have family in Mudgee. I had a 2 week holiday there back in 91'. Sidney is by far the cleanest city I have ever seen. You will find this forum very helpful and I hope to make it back sooner than later. ;)
Steve
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
Waratah
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Waratah »

OU812 wrote:Welcome! I have family in Mudgee. I had a 2 week holiday there back in 91'. Sidney is by far the cleanest city I have ever seen. You will find this forum very helpful and I hope to make it back sooner than later. ;)
Steve
Thanks for the welcome Steve. Mudgee eh? Now that's a nice area of the state, about 265km (165 miles) west of Sydney, a scenic 3 1/2 hour ride over the Blue Mountains. The Mudgee area is gaining quite a reputation as a developing wine region. Sydney takes some beating doesn't it; there's a lot about San Francisco that reminds me of Sydney (picturesque, situated on a big harbour, friendly people).
Currently own a 1988 R100RS, would love a 2012 R12R
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

San Fran is pretty stinky around the wharf. Bums living in the parks. I just adore Sydney and the people are so friendly. =D>
Waratah
Basic User

Post by Waratah »

Street scene in Sydney, young men having their photograph taken with two local ladies wearing Australian traditional costume, typical everyday outfits worn by milkmaids herding cows around the foothills of the Australian Alps.

Steve, try to make your next visit during National Milk Week, our milkmaids are renowned for their friendliness.
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

They look very fine indeed! =P~
Waratah
Basic User

Post by Waratah »

OU812 wrote:They look very fine indeed! =P~
Hahahaha, if only any of it was true. Sometimes a chap's imagination runs into fantasy. :oops:
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

They still look hot! :mrgreen:
Tybus
Lifer

Post by Tybus »

Hi everyone, my name is Ty.
I have a Black 2008 R1200 with 23000kms on it. I think that's about 14000 miles?
I've had it about 18 months now and still love it. I just rode the Oxley Highway up in northern NSW Australia and had a ball.

Cheers Ty.
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

britnheaven, I remember you! You'r still a lifer. If you need help logging back in, let me know.

Welcome back!
Member #1
liandonz
Basic User

Post by liandonz »

Hi everyone....
Newbie from Philippines!
neener
Basic User

Post by neener »

Hello everyone! I go by Neener. I live in central Missouri, great twisties here. I am 42, a single mother of a college student. Heaven help me! I have been riding for 6 1/2 years, one of the best things I ever did. The stress release you get when you become one with your bike is my mind saver. I work for a Ford dealership in the service department.....customer service requires a lot of stress release bonding. I owned a Honda shadow for my first bike, enjoyed every mile. I have been to one Honda rally, but many BMW rallies. The rallies sold me first with all the info and seminars to be a better rider. Then finally a test drive on a r1200r. My Honda was for sale. I am now the proud owner of a 2007 r1200r- gray I might add! Have only had for 3 weeks, but the miles I have rode already have made me very happy! Can't wait for the first long trip.....smokies here I come! Thanks for all the great reads over last couple years. Seems like a great way to spend a rainy evening, with other bike lovers.
Neener
Creating the wind beneath my wings!!
2007 R1200R Granite Gray
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

A warm welcome to the gang, and a big congrats on your new ride!
Member #1
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

Welcome to the forum, neener......... from another woman rider. The Honda Shadow was my first big bike before my BMW as well. What a step up and forward, right?

Enjoy your time on the bike and your time in the forum. Glad you joined! =D>
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
neener
Basic User

Post by neener »

Thank you and yes a step in the right direction. Will be lots of fun and educating to be apart of this forum.
Neener
Creating the wind beneath my wings!!
2007 R1200R Granite Gray
nylife
Lifer
Donating Member #: 956

Post by nylife »

Old member lurking for 3-4 years, almost bought an r1150r 3 years ago when i was switching my bike but at the time money was different and i found great looking Kawasaki mean streak the price was too good to pass and i got that instead, fast forward 3 years, i still love that bike and if i could keep my cruiser and get a BMW i would in the heartbeat, but i cant afford to keep 2 bikes nor do i have a place to keep them both so i decided that its time to get that BMW i always wanted.
last spring i got a chance to ride 2009-10 r1200r for 4 days i rented one on my trip to Arizona, long stories short ,
here i am introducing myself, i put a deposit down on the 2009 r1200r and going to pick it up on Tuesday.

i guess i can consider myself another test ride victim, except i had a prolong 4 day test ride lol
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects handlebars to the saddle.
2009 R12R
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

You've made the right decision nylife! Enjoy that new bike.. When do you get it?

Dont forget to post some pics!
Member #1
nylife
Lifer
Donating Member #: 956

Post by nylife »

Doug wrote:You've made the right decision nylife! Enjoy that new bike.. When do you get it?

Dont forget to post some pics!
Hopefully 2days from now on Tuesday , I am calling in sick and taking 200+ mile ride to pick it up
Will post pics once I have it, but here is the picture dealer emailed me
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects handlebars to the saddle.
2009 R12R
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

Sweet.
Member #1
rayraypa
Basic User

Post by rayraypa »

Hello. I just joined and I also just bought a 2000 r1100r from a friend for a steal. She just wanted it out of her garage. It only has 11k miles on it.

I am excited and also scared to death. I used to ride a lot up until 15 years ago when I sold my 1985 Yamaha 700cc sport bike. Before that I road around everywhere (except on the freeway) on a Honda 90!

I realize that this BMW I just purchased is a fine machine but I am very apprehensive about it. I have never ridden anything this big. I've been test driving bikes 700 cc and under and they feel like a piece of cake to ride. But, when I get on this BMW, I am aware that there is some serious weight under me, especially when making low speed turns and stopping at stop signs. It's just kind of scary. Maybe my technique needs some tweaking. I'm planning on signing up for a safety course very soon. I've never ridden a bike like this that seems to want to turn wide, or fall to the inside of the turn if I don't do things just right. I hope this is making sense. That said, I've only ridden it a few miles, so I'm not at all used to it.

I almost bought a restored 1974 Honda CB550 instead for the same price, but I wasn't sure if the guy who restored it had made sure all the rust was gone and things like that. The right brake lever was floppy, etc.. I thought the BMW was just a better engineered machine at that it would be easier on the old body for longer rides.

Anyway, if anyone can give me any pointers I would be very appreciative. I am looking forward to reading and participating here.

Ray
kryter
Lifer
Donating Member #: 983

Post by kryter »

hello all from denver colo started out on a mr 50 at 6years old ..advice from dad u are going to bust your ass, 40 years later only have a crack in it ... lusted after an rt for years and then got one , love the girl .. had a suzuki gt550 1st street bike ..cb350..cb950 split shift fun bike...have a 2003 1150rt 19000miles looking foward to meeting some fellow bmw owners in this part of the country,just sort of completed a rockymountain rally with a triumph forum group sad to say the rt finished the ride on a trailer with a blown clutch slave ...looking forward to meeting some bmw riders in my area to all boxers cheers :smt109 Image
Last edited by kryter on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2003 1150RT