ads - just a welcome fyi

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

ads - just a welcome fyi

Post by Doug »

I've removed the ads from the forums today. They werent working so I just got rid of them. :)

I kept the one on the very bottom of the main page (r1150r.net) in case anyone wants to click though and support the site. If you click on a link down there and then buy something (it doesnt have to be the thing you clicked on), then the site gets a kickback. Books, movies, gadgets, whatever.. The larger the purchase, the larger the kickback (a few %, so it can add up).

Try to remember this the next time you go for an Amazon purchase. The only caveat is that Amazon is smart enough to remember if you've looked at the item before the click through, so try to click through first before searching around. :)

Enjoy!
Member #1
peels
Basic User

Re: ads - just a welcome fyi

Post by peels »

I'll be buying a handlebar phone/gps mount this week, via amazon. Ill click that way. :D
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Re: ads - just a welcome fyi

Post by Doug »

Thanks! Every little bit helps!

In the past, we've had good luck keeping membership up, but the last couple years, with an aging platform, you just don't see the new memberships you use to, and thusly it's harder and harder to pay for site costs. I've dipped into my own pocket a few times to keep the lights on, and to be honest, that sucks! :D

I'm really hoping that the 2015 R-R brings in some new blood to get the site kickstarted again. Please, everyone do your best to promote this site on other sites and get the cross linking working, especially the LC section. We already have a great head start on the new R1150r Lc section I put up this week.

Thanks everyone!!
Member #1