Backup on 395N, ambulance called, biker down, scary

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

MThomas

Backup on 395N, ambulance called, biker down, scary

Post by MThomas »

As I passed the scene I noticed a biker being attended to. He appeared unmangled at first glance though he wasn't upright (seated\leaning\hunched). Was wearing hi-vis and then I saw a bike on the shoulder up ahead (I think it may have been a Victory).
Anyone know how a way to follow up on the condition?
Morning commute (so doubtful alcohol was involved), express lanes, high-vis clothing, guess we all need to be extra careful out there
2004 R1150r Non-ABS
If each of us were to get one other person on a bike, we'd double our presence
peels
Basic User

Re: Backup on 395N, ambulance called, biker down, scary

Post by peels »

a couple hit a deer here a few days ago. no gear. passenger on life support. the rider passed I believe.

I had to come to a complete stop from 55mph coming into town the other day. car in opposite lane turns left in front of me. lady on phone, pulling into gas station. then sees car at pump, and comes to near stop in my lane.... me... near curb, sitting still now- blaring horn. She looks up about 5 seconds later. gives me the "oh my bad didn't see you look"

All happens in a instant.

stay sharp everyone.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
MThomas

Post by MThomas »

peels wrote:a couple hit a deer here a few days ago. no gear. passenger on life support. the rider passed I believe.

I had to come to a complete stop from 55mph coming into town the other day. car in opposite lane turns left in front of me. lady on phone, pulling into gas station. then sees car at pump, and comes to near stop in my lane.... me... near curb, sitting still now- blaring horn. She looks up about 5 seconds later. gives me the "oh my bad didn't see you look"

All happens in a instant.

stay sharp everyone.
Either they were flying or that was one tough deer.
I had someone turn left in front of me from the opposing lane yesterday, not high enough speed to do serious damage (I don't believe so at least).
2004 R1150r Non-ABS
If each of us were to get one other person on a bike, we'd double our presence
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

deer are no joke. think the spot it happened was a 35mph zone...doesnt mean they were traveling that speed though... :/

to answer the "how do you follow up?" question...

I follow some local emergency public FB pages. theyll announce call outs to the emergency crews, and GENERALLY youll hear updates.

whenever its a bike, it always freaks me out..
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.