glove suggestions

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

peels
Basic User

glove suggestions

Post by peels »

Being that much of my gear was in my panniers when the bike was snagged, Im in need of some riding gloves. Mine were a cheap ebay leather pair. had them for 8 yrs, loved them too, but they were pretty beat up... lol Looking for similar but nicer. I like some of the BMW ones but I think 100 bucks is more than enough to spend... I enjoy matching BMW equipment but, branding isnt THAT important to me...

looking for suggestions, hit me with em.

note/requirements:

gauntlet style to overlap my airflow jacket sleeve, keep from flapping.
nothing major, warm but not crawl inside a tauntaun warm. (down to about 35F degrees for just 10 minute commute)
Dislike gloves with plastic knuckle guards.
Rubber visor wipe i think Id like...but not end all.
Black or dayglo. no other colors.

I like the BMW "allround" glove.. similar to my old ones. but not much on reviews..
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
Hyja1
Lifer

Re: glove suggestions

Post by Hyja1 »

As a baseline budget glove, I recommend Tourmaster's custom midweight 2.0 glove. I've had good luck with Tourmaster gloves. I think they are decent quality leather, fairly well made and for the money, a great value. The 2.0 meets your requirements except for the visor wipe. (42.00 at revzila)
Holland Ja, San Francisco
‘02 R1150R black
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

peels wrote:

I like the BMW "allround" glove.. similar to my old ones. but not much on reviews..
I'm glad you said that, because that's exactly what I would recommend, they even match your criteria to a 'T'.

I have a pair, it's at least my 3rd pair* and I love them.
Reminds me - I must buy a couple of pairs and stock-pile them.

* The only other pair of gloves I've bought multiple pairs of was the Hein Gericke Pathan 'Lobster claw' winter glove. I've had about 4 pairs now and seriously hope my current pair don't wear out: Hein Gericke went out of business about 5 years ago :(. Best winter gloves I've ever used. That said - with a pair of bar-muffs and heated grip, the BMW All-rounds are more than warm enough for sub-zero temps. :)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

riceburner wrote:
peels wrote:

I'm glad you said that, because that's exactly what I would recommend, they even match your criteria to a 'T'.

yes I like them

two questions. do you find them warm enough down to about 40? and, is the gauntlet long enough to cover the sleeve?
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

peels wrote:
riceburner wrote:
peels wrote:

yes I like them

two questions. do you find them warm enough down to about 40? and, is the gauntlet long enough to cover the sleeve?
40?? what's that in C??
ah - about 4 degree C. If it's the time of year that it's normally below 10 at the height of the day I'll have the bar-muffs on the bike, so I could probably ride with unlined summer gloves.
It also depends on how well fed your hands are with warm blood, everyone is different.
I also have the BMW hand-guards on the bike so don't get the wind-blast when riding, which makes a huge difference.
I would probably find that the BMW All-rounds are warm enough at 4 degrees C, with the heated grips on, and the hand-guards. Worth noting that the gloves are thinner lined on the palm so that the heat from the heated grips gets to your hand more easily. :)

I ride with the sleeve over the glove* so I wouldn't know - your best bet is to try them on (which you'll need to anyway as BMW's sizing is not always the same as everyone elses).

* If I ride with the gauntlet over the sleeve, the rain runs down my arm, into the glove.... eueeuurrgh.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

thanks, and sorry about the imperial error. lol
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I use elkskin roper gloves made by the Sullivan glove company. The elkskin is thick but supple. Aerostich and Held make similar gloves and all three have longer options.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I use elkskin roper gloves made by the Sullivan glove company. The elkskin is thick but supple. Aerostich and Held make similar gloves and all three have longer options.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!