Just Freeway Frolicking

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Just Freeway Frolicking

Post by DJ Downunder »

I just had a great ride and didn't hit the rev limiter once...not even any twisties.

It was approaching midnight and my wife and daughter were fast asleep.

I was waiting up for the start of the best Formula One race of the year (Monaco) and being still well over an hour away I was starting to nod off.

I was thinking about what a friend had said last week...she told me she once went out with a guy who rode a motorbike and she loved riding on the back.

She said the best thing was riding over the West Gate bridge at night looking over the city lights...she said it felt like you were flying.

It got me thinking...I haven't done that in years...I've just loaded Robert Plants latest album into my iPod...it was a nice mild night...I thought hmmm..why not.

So I snuck out,got into my gear and hit the road.I stopped just before the Eastern freeway on ramp to set myself up for a cruisin' and a groovin'.

I set my iPod on 3/4 volume with Robert Plants "Mighty Rearranger"..hit the start button and hit the road...being Sunday night the traffic was very light.

I took the Eastern freeway into the city...around past the zoo and then over the new Boltie bridge...and wow...wot a view...I then headed over the West gate bridge (Melb's biggest bridge)...after crossing the WG bridge I took the first off ramp and looped around and headed back across to wards the city then through the long tunnel that goes under the city.

I then took the Monash freeway out of the city and looped around to head for home...getting home just before the start of the race...cool.

What a great bike...what a great ride...and what a great album.

DJ

beekstersocal
Lifer

Post by beekstersocal »

nice one dj :lol:
ride it like you stole it
vintagecycle
Basic User

Post by vintagecycle »

I can see the frequency of the boxer engine pulse in that photo.....cool!

The occasional night time city ride in the summer is one of my favorites.

Robert Plant has a new album out?? I'll have to check it out. Saw him twice live, 1988 and 1990.
Dan

'04 R1150R (Silver) Sold
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'81 Yamaha YZ125
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Yes there's something nice about cruising the city at night...even the freeways...when you're in the mood.

Robert Plant is looking old now but he's still got it.....(for those that don't know he's the voice from Led Zeppelin)

I also saw him live both those years 88,90...if you liked him then you will love his new cd...I love the title track..'Mighty Rearranger'..it's a beaut.

You can check out his new album here...the site's a bit slow but worth it. http://www.robertplant.com/

It looks like he's doing some US concerts next month...I'm hoping he comes down under again.

DJ

UHGORDO
Lifer

Plant...

Post by UHGORDO »

Fire one up!!! :twisted:

Plant Rocks!

Dave
"Raising kids is better than raising cane!" Thanks for the Ride!