Congrats to the Tigers!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Congrats to the Tigers!

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Congrats to the LSU Tigers for becoming the first two time winner of the BCS National Championship. The Tigers beat OSU 38-24 at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans tonight, in a game that wasn't that close.

The Tigers did it with Style and Heart and Perseverance, and two triple overtime losses.

A title well deserved and hard fought.
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
touchton
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by touchton »

It was a good game and I always enjoy seeing the SEC play Ohio State. However, given the way the two teams made it to the bowl, I think some years we shouldn't have a so called National Champion. It seems no one deserving really wanted it. In my opinion we wound up with 4 teams that should be in the top 5. LSU, USC, Georgia, and Kansas. I would say LSU is number 2 and the other three are tied for third. It's just been that kind of crazy year.

I am kidding of course (except for seeing Ohio State play an SEC team). Congratulations LSU!
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

I do miss being in Baton Rouge and not New Orleans as the parteee last night, after the game, must have been monumental.....Geaux Tigers
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

I am a fan.
But in my 50 years of following LSU football I have not witnessed a team that has faced more uphill battles and prevailed, mostly. This team has courage and spunk.

I Like Les Miles and what I like most about him, and there is much to like, is the way he interacts with his players. He must be a real father figure for the players from just seeing how they talk. It looks like there is never anything but support, friendly smiles and, if necessary "constuctive criticism." It is nice to see.

Maybe there are flaws in the BCS system, but it has been mostly kind to LSU. Probably the +1 proposal would be better, but it's not half bad now.

I am not the die hard SEC fan, like some of the teams, not all. and OSU is probably my second favorite team--My #2 daughter married into a die hard OSU family. So it was VERY Sweet to have this game occur, just for family dynamics!

Wearing the colors today, planned the day off, and am on my way to the Reily Center on Tulane's Campus, to work out and to rub it in the Greenies, just a little <g>.

G E A U X T I G E R S !!! L S U # 1
John
touchton
Lifer

Post by touchton »

Dr. Strangelove wrote: Maybe there are flaws in the BCS system, but it has been mostly kind to LSU. Probably the +1 proposal would be better, but it's not half bad now.
Personally, I'm fine with the BCS. I know it's not totally fair, but nothing is. In my opinion Georgia and USC were probably playing the best football at the end of the season. However, the BCS is setup to reward the teams that played the best season, not necessarily the teams that are the best at the end of the season. I'm ok with that.

I wouldn't have a problem with a playoff system if the players were paid. There are 120 teams in the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision. The revenue generated by these football teams was almost $2 Billion last year. Head coaches are making up to $4 Million a year. Yet the players that create the value of this product are given very little and have the greatest risk. If we're going to ask these players to play a longer season for our entertainment, we should at least share some of the money with them.

So, if there was a +1 game this year, who would the team be? Georgia, USC, Kansas, or West Virginia?
JCsman
Lifer

Post by JCsman »

touchton wrote:
So, if there was a +1 game this year, who would the team be? Georgia, USC, Kansas, or West Virginia?
I'm a Jayhawk alum. And proud as heck of the season. But, despite only one loss (and to a ranked team), KU will not end up as higly ranked as either USC or Georgia (likely Mizzo either).

I'd say USC would have gotten the +1, with UGA the other option.

Oh yeah, Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk
- Bill #438, Lifetime
If I'm going to grow up, I'd better hurry.....oh well.
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Great win and game for the Tigers.

Stupid penalties by the Buckeyes.

If the BCS was a plus one. then OSU would have played either Georgia or Va Tech, and LSU would have played the other. And if we are gonna have an additional title game then lets play it in the North.

I am a firm believer that if you are going to play for the National Championship, then you need to be a Conference Champ.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Biff's R wrote: I am a firm believer that if you are going to play for the National Championship, then you need to be a Conference Champ.
that would eliminate Georgia, didn't even win their division in the SEC, TN did that.
and What about the Big Ten and the Pac10--don't have a conference championship game.

Did Va tech win their conference? was there a championship game? And Kansas?

I personally would've wanted to see Mo play Ga in the Sugar. That would've been a game. Let Ark play Hawaii (and Hawaii still would've lost).