You know you have a little extra... --NEW LOTTERY INSIDE!--

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

You know you have a little extra... --NEW LOTTERY INSIDE!--

Post by Doug »

Hey you, gimme all your money!! :)

I have to pay the ISP and we are getting bandwidth issues AGAIN, so I should raise the limit. :) We're so popular!

But what that need to increase bandwidth means to me is that we have more new people using the site, but I only see two or three memberships coming in a month, generally renewals.

So, all you newcomers, if you like the site and have obtained value from using it, please consider making a donation. I bet you've all received information here that has saved you that $20 or $60 membership cost. Besides looking cool with a member # in your profile, you'll get premiere access to the Member's and Pat's sections where we get to legally make fun of all the non-members and look at happytime (Ok to be honest, there's little to no happytime, but I figured I'd hook a few guys with that).

Anyway, I really appreciate all the support the lifers and yearly members have shown over the years. This site wouldn't be here without you!

Cheers.
-Doug
Last edited by Doug on Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Member #1
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

Mods,

Who is this Doug asking for my money? Spammer? I'll hope you can take care of it by noon today!

Doug, Thanks for the heads up. Browsers: send Doug some Paypal love. Keep the site active and solvent!

Centurion
aka MikeCam
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

{Oops, just realized I somehow posted this twice. I erased the other one.}

BTW, do you all know about the New Enough Leathers thread?
http://www.r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

Yes, we still have $205 in credit over there. I was thinking about auctioning the whole lot off to whoever donates.. that is, set a time period of say two weeks, then at the end, randomly pick one of the people who donated to win the entire amount. What do you think?
Member #1
rockstercliff
Donating Member #: 0

Donate

Post by rockstercliff »

Thats a great idea, count me in. Anyway, a while back I tried to donate, but my computer skills are poor with my daughter away at school. Could you post clear directions, or a link to make donating effortless, thanks, enjoy the site. 8)
Caroanbill
Lifer

Post by Caroanbill »

I had some difficulty finding "how to" and "how much" :oops: (in fact, last time I tried, I failed) but this time paypal seems to have done the job.
#584 Crystal Grey tour-farkelled Vespa GTS250 PX150
xF650CS R1150RS R80 K1100LT R65LS K100RT
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

How to donate

Post by DSKYZD »

JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

Yup thats the link. Its pretty simple, let me explain. Memberships are either yearly($20) or lifer ($60).

To donate, do this:

1. Follow this link: http://www.r1150r.net/contact.html
2. Click on the white "Make a Donation" button.
3. Choose how much you like us, err how much you can spend.
4. This takes you to the PAYPAL site. Its ok if you dont have an account - look for the "Continue" text link above the credit card icons at the bottom.
5. Then just follow the PAYPAL directions to finish up.

If you have any issues or questions, let me know.

Thanks to the four people that have donated so far (two of whom are already members)! :)

I think we should do that lottery for the New Enough leathers remaining credit ($205). So, I will pick a winner on Friday, Feb 8th and announce it here!
So far we only have FOURdonating members since starting this thread (If you've very recently donated and would also like to be included in the lottery, please send me and email and let me know). That means your odds are REALLY good at winning the lot!

This is a great opportunity to possibly make a great return on your generocity! That $205 will buy a lot of stuff over there!

The site needs the funds for the upcoming ISP renewal, so now is a great time if you've been thinking of joining the gang.

New Enough Leathers site: http://www.newenough.com/[/b]

Guys/Gals, I just also want to add that I hate asking for money, I've always been a firm believer in that the internet should be free. But the reality is that it is not free to run a site with as much traffic as this one, and the money has to come from somewhere. I've spent thousands of my own money over the past 6.5 years to keep this place going, and the members have also put in their share (which is why the site is still here!). The last couple years however we havent seen as many new members and it seems to be a handful of the lifetime members who generously step up to help pay the cost of the site for everyone else. I know we have a lot of new members here these days, so if you feel you have gained value from the site (whether it be information, monetary savings or entertainment), please consider donating. We need you!

Thanks for listening and enjoy the site!

-Doug

ps -moving this from OFFTOPIC to the MAIN section for more traffic.
Last edited by Doug on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member #1
snowprick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 3953

Post by snowprick »

OK, you caught me, I paid up! :(
Rod
2001 R1150R Black of course (sold)
2009 F800GS Black & yellow of course
Apple Macintosh
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Post by Buckster »

Very worthwhile investment!!
Thanks Doug!
Buckster '03R
Boxer04
Basic User

Post by Boxer04 »

I think my membership dollars went through ok.

Thanks Doug.

Mal
BoxerFan
'04 R1150R
Member #588
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

I want to strongly urge all you guys and gals who spend some time here but are not members to join and support the site.

I hung around here gaining alot of useful and money saving information for many years before I realized fully how selfish I was. The friends I have made here, the help I have gladly received here from all those here is worth far more money than I even have invested in my bike.

The friendships alone have made me thankful that I bought a BMW.

So please go ahead and take a few minutes and join----you will never regret it!!

Wayne
04 r
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

Money sent.
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
snowprick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 3953

Post by snowprick »

towerworker wrote:I want to strongly urge all you guys and gals who spend some time here but are not members to join and support the site.

I hung around here gaining alot of useful and money saving information for many years before I realized fully how selfish I was. The friends I have made here, the help I have gladly received here from all those here is worth far more money than I even have invested in my bike.

So please go ahead and take a few minutes and join----you will never regret it!!

Wayne
04 r
+1
Rod
2001 R1150R Black of course (sold)
2009 F800GS Black & yellow of course
Apple Macintosh
gaijin
Lifer
Donating Member #: 590

Re: You know you have a little extra... --NEW LOTTERY INSID

Post by gaijin »

Money sent.
Doug wrote:Hey you, gimme all your money!! :)

I have to pay the ISP and we are getting bandwidth issues AGAIN, so I should raise the limit. :) We're so popular!

But what that need to increase bandwidth means to me is that we have more new people using the site, but I only see two or three memberships coming in a month, generally renewals.

So, all you newcomers, if you like the site and have obtained value from using it, please consider making a donation. I bet you've all received information here that has saved you that $20 or $60 membership cost. Besides looking cool with a member # in your profile, you'll get premiere access to the Member's and Pat's sections where we get to legally make fun of all the non-members and look at happytime (Ok to be honest, there's little to no happytime, but I figured I'd hook a few guys with that).

Anyway, I really appreciate all the support the lifers and yearly members have shown over the years. This site wouldn't be here without you!

Cheers.
-Doug
2002 R1150R (Lifer # 590)
1999 1200 Sportster Sport
IBA#33025
allanj255
Basic User

Post by allanj255 »

Hey Doug, great post you got 3 months worth of new membership in 3 days.
As you said the information and general friendship on this site is priceless.
AllanJ 8)
Allan
2003 R1150R Twin Spark, (Black - the fastest colour)
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

I want to be in the lottery! I will send more $ if nec. and I win of course. :wink: :lol:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Payment sent - Triple Lifetime Member

Post by sweatmark »

OK, folks... ante up!

This board remains an important resource for R1150R owners.

Mrs. Sweatmark and I plan to keep our beloved Rockster and Roadster until the gasahol dries up.

Please do your part to keep this board alive & well. And that means me: need to post more with tech tidbits!

Mark and Jacquie
Oregon
aka "sweatmark" & "sillyjax"
Triple Lifetime Membership
Robert_winter_1000
Lifer
Donating Member #: 195

Post by Robert_winter_1000 »

snowprick wrote:
towerworker wrote:I want to strongly urge all you guys and gals who spend some time here but are not members to join and support the site.

Wayne
04 r
+1

+1 I agree completely..
Lifer
# 195
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

Wow the response has been really great. We are all set for the ISP renewal, thanks so much. I've been thinking about getting another backup hard drive (I do weekly backups of the site) so if more funds come in, I'll go grab one.

Remember, Friday I chose the winner! To make things absolutely fair, I will be entering in the names of all the doanters into this little java applet I found on the internet:

http://www.neiu.edu/~rspatema/randapp/randapp2.html
(Try it, its pretty neat)

There will be one winner chosen at random to receive the $205 credit to NEL! Good luck everyone!

Ps- I haven't gotten to everyone's membership yet. Please be patient; work has been hell for me lately. I will get to them in the next day or so.
Member #1
Sunbeemer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 593

Post by Sunbeemer »

Doug - great job keep everything above board!

I hadn't realized what a rush I got from this site until my internet connection went out the other night and I felt kind of deprived! Wonderful camraderie and knowledge base! I hope to meet some other members in person some day, and wish I could send more $$$ your way, but not with 2 kids in college...
Rich
ADIOS!