Win a Yamaha XT225! [Raffle is COMPLETED] Congrats to OlyVR!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Win a Yamaha XT225! [Raffle is COMPLETED] Congrats to OlyVR!

Post by MikeCam »

{Updated 7/22/08 - added more ticket holders]
NOW LIVE - SEND LOTS OF MONEY - EARN LOTS OF CHANCES TO WIN

Click here to see a countdown timer for drawing date of MikeCam's Yamaha XT225 Raffle. (Note time is EST)
When this timer hits 0, we will not accept any other entries! Get them in now!

R1150R.Org Membership Drive --- Open to all Board Participants DATES May 13- mid-summer (Final drawing date is the end of day on Labor day - Sept 1st, 11:59pm!!)].
Winner announced by Doug via Private Message and Board Announcement. Title delivered by registered mail to member's registered address. Pickup/delivery to be arranged after confirmation.

1) Current members who are paid in full - $10.00 per entry.
2) New or renewed one year membership - $25.00 and one entry.
3) New Lifetime Membership or donation - $75.00 and 5 entries.

To enter the raffle, do this:
  • 1. Figure out if you are a current member by checking this list: http://www.r1150r.org/temp/renewals.html and make a note of your member # if you are on this list.
    2. Figure out how many entries you want and what it will cost based on your membership status (see above). Note that once you are a member, you can purchase entries at the member level, so, for example, if you donated $85 and you were not previously a member, you'd get 6 entries.
    3. Send the paypal donation to either: [email protected] if you are using a credit card during the paypal transaction, or use [email protected] if you are using a paypal balance or direct withdrawl from a checking account. The latter avoids an annoying 4% Paypal fee. If what I just wrote is confusing, just use [email protected] and that will work for all types of transactions :) BE SURE TO INCLUDE your MEMBER # (if you have one or know what it is (TIP: search for your Member welcome email) and USERNAME in your PAYPAL notes section.
    4. Wait until the drawing is held, date TBD. Our best estimation at this time is July 4th. The winner will be contacted via email and it will be announced here in this thread.
Entry numbers assigned by random number generation from a finite pool of numbers. Winning number selected by a different random number generator.
I will compiling a list of donaters weekly and displaying them AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST! I will not be sending out confirmation emails, so please check the list and if you dont see your information on it, let me know.

Grand prize in the Membership Raffle 2008.
XT225 Summary --- 2003 w/ 506 miles
Low Weight (dry 236 lbs), Low Power (17 hp), Low Seat (32"), Low maintenance.
High ground clearance (11"), high off-road bias (21" front/18" rear knobbies), High mileage performance (60-80 mpg).
1 season (when new) as a farm vehicle; 2 seasons (since winter 2006) as a dirt bike. Little highway mileage. Air filter, battery, oil, plug new in 2006. Service kit of air and oil filters, fluids, new plug will be delivered with bike or performed before delivery. Tires in good shape. Brakes in good condition. Chain cleaned, adjusted, and lubricated. Battery freshly charged.
This is an old design: CV carb, choke assist, petcock equipped model engine with electric start and provisions for a kick start kit. Hard starting when cold, warms up nicely. Adjustable idle screw readily accessible, re-jetting kits and on-line knowledge base easily obtained. Used as a trainer for my kids, each of whom has expressed a strong desire to never ride a 2 wheeler again! Best suited for young, short legged, and starting dirt bikers but can perform for older, wiser, heavier folks. Inexpensive to operate and insure.

Yamaha's XT225 was built for those who want a versatile on/off-road machine that´s easy to handle.
General information Model: Yamaha XT 225 Year: 2003 (relatively unchanged 2001-2006) Category: Dual Purpose
Engine and transmission Displacement: 223.00 ccm (13.61 cubic inches) Engine type: Single cylinder Stroke: 4 Compression: 9.5:1
Bore x Stroke: 70.0 x 58.0 mm (2.8 x 2.3 inches) Fuel system: Carburettor Fuel control: SOHC Cooling system: Air
Gearbox: 6-speed Transmission type final drive: Chain
Physical measurements Seat height: 810 mm (31.9 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,161 mm (45.7 inches) Overall length: 2,070 mm (81.5 inches) Overall width: 805 mm (31.7 inches)
Ground clearance: 284 mm (11.2 inches) Wheelbase: 1,349 mm (53.1 inches)

Chassis and dimensions Rake (fork angle): 24.0° Front Suspension: Telescopic fork Front Suspension travel: 226 mm (8.9 inches)
Rear Suspension: Swingarm w/rebound-adjustable single shock Rear Suspension travel: 191 mm (7.5 inches)
Front tyre dimensions: 2.75-21 Rear tyre dimensions: 120/80-18
Front brake: Single disc Front brake dia.: 220 mm (8.7 in) Rear brakes: Expanding brake (drum brake) Rear brakes diameter: 110 mm (4.3 in)

Other specifications Fuel capacity: 8.70 litres (2.30 gallons) Includes Tune-Up Kit as shown in picture.

New memberships and entries now open. You must be 18yrs old to enter!

Current list of raffle entrants:

mickyt
OlyVR
Sunbeemer
ruddy
Just-Beeming
kaschramm
challey
R4R&R
Biff's R
hotzuk
JB44
gabe
buff
Bruno71
mad1150
OU812
frozennorth
CupOHemlock
Marty2
Boxer
Dr. Strangelove
ASQTec
Shaman
two wheel tango
EAllanVPT
FloridaBeakster
goman
mjcraft
Cricman
Secondwind
adairb
alaskaflyer
jarobi
lewellen
duckdave
Beemeridian
iowabeakster
wncbmw
SJBMW
DSKYZD
TonyT607
upimongo1
mkomara
stilldking
GypsyRR
deilenberger
Bigrockr
ChiTown
hrall
touchton
Last edited by MikeCam on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:21 am, edited 10 times in total.
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Re: Win a Yamaha XT225!

Post by MikeCam »

Members. Are you paid up-to-date? To get the lowest entry fee, you must have a currently paid in full Lifetime or annual membership. Click here: http://www.r1150r.net/temp/renewals.html to see if your annual fee expired. Please note you will only be in this list if you are expired or near expiration! I have filtered out the members in good standing.

Please check this list before sending money for the raffle so you know where you stand.
Last edited by Doug on Sun May 11, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added member link
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Non-US Members. You can enter the contest! BUT, shipping, tariffs, taxes, export licenses, import fees and what not will be at your expense.

As a separate alternative, if a foreign member wins this bike, I will be willing to arrange a domestic sale and forward the proceeds, less expenses, fees, and a 10% agent payment. US Dollar denominations for all accounting. Sorry, I know that sucks. Best I can do.
Last edited by MikeCam on Sun May 11, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

Be careful Dave------we'll have to get Mike a new XXXL helmet!

But--that being said...............pretty darn good of Mike.

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
scottybooj
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by scottybooj »

Oh, Mike didn't mention that since CycleRob is buying dinner saturday night, mike's got friday night at the bash! :P talk about generosity! =D>

jk
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Okay, please let's keep this Info thread strictly to raffle matters rather than backhanded compliments and undeserved kudos.

I have worked closely with the Mods and Doug proposing this raffle in order to raise funds for the board. That's the focus - board revenues. The Board of Directors, as it were, have provided many good pieces of wisdom and guidance for getting this set-up and running.

BUT

Once we go live later tonight, I want everybody including Mods, to have a chance to contribute and win. So from here on, the official raffle team is Doug and me. Doug, who receives your entries/memberships via Paypal, records your data, assigns or renews your member number and reports your raffle number(s) from a randomly generated list which I prepared today. Numbers from 1-1001, randomized three times without repeats. Each entry gets a non-sequential number. Doug maintains the master list. And me. The owner of the bike being raffled (pictures soon, I promise, very soon!) and the random number generator.

Here is how the 'drawing' will work. Once we close the raffle, Doug will provide the master list to me - every entry confirmed, every raffle number unique. I will generate a new random number, using a separate engine. The entry that matches that number is the winner. No fouls, no favoritism, no free lunch.
iowabeakster
Quadruple Lifer

Post by iowabeakster »

Can I buy tickets yet?

(I know compliments and kudos are not wanted...but this is really cool Mike...thanks.)
I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray...
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Post by MikeCam »

Yes.
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

We are live!
Please take note that I and Mike may be occassionally updating the first post in this thread with details. If I do update the thread, I'll change the modified date at the start of the thread.
Member #1
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Watching and waiting. =D> [-o< :biggrin:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

What a terrific bike. 506 miles. dang. It's not even broken in!
I am already juiced....
Let's see.... skip 2 cheap city lunches every week...=....$10.....and I can surely afford to miss many a meal.....
I will have many entries before this is over....
(Hopefully, I will be the "fat guy singing" when the dust settles....)

Is a fantasy about winning a "raffle matter"? :oops:
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

6 tickets purchased so far..
Member #1
hotzuk

Post by hotzuk »

Okay, first let me apologize for being so overdue with my membership. Took care of that and now I have an entry for the bike. I will be buying a few more entries as well.
SecondWind
Lifer

Post by SecondWind »

Mike;
This is a generous action by you in support of Doug and all members and non-members who use this site and have benefited from and/or have been entertained by it's content and communications. I have been enjoying it since Towerworker told me about it in Dec 07 but have not posted because I knew so few members. Now that I met most of the posters at the Bash I will come out of my shell a bit. I am adverse to PayPal and checking account debits so I will be mailing my check to Doug for Lifetime + after communicating with him by email.

This raffle is a great idea to support the site that adds a great deal of depth to what we all love to do - Ride and have fun!

Kudo's Mike! =D>
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don’t have it.
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

Just want to clarify something. I can not accept checks, but I believe there is a way to pay via check though the paypal website.
Member #1
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!

Re: Win a Yamaha XT225! [Raffle is ON!]

Post by MikeCam »

Buy a ticket today!!!

Your chances of winning this bike are 1:50

Wouldn't it be nice if your chances were 1:100? 1:200?

The Board benefits from your participation.
Doug
Site Admin

Post by Doug »

The chances will be higher. I am thinking of other things I can offer fro "second and third" places. At least one will be our remaining balance at newenoughleathers.com. I was thinking about ipod nano or something like that.
Member #1
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Latest update on ticket sales? I always like seeing my user name in posts. =D> :lol:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F