Father's day Ride

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Father's day Ride

Post by jb44 »

There was a lot going on this past weekend. Bike related activities in Andrews and Telllico Plains. I opted for something else.

Exploring the back roads of NC and eastern TN is one of my favorite past times, putt-putting along at 15-20 mph on forest service roads, and picking up the pace a bit on the narrow two-laned paved ones.

This one near Ducktown, TN turned out to be a dead end, but was well worth the effort.

I love it when ordinary looking trails open up to views like these.

jb
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Re: Father's day Ride

Post by DSKYZD »

You are living the dream!
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

JB,
My wife and I went camping up near Clayton on the Tallulah River this past week. On Tuesday evening just before sundown, we heard a motor putt-puttin' down the road coming in our direction. (the campsite is 5 miles back down a dirt road along the river) I kept looking to see if it was going to turn into our campground area, and sure enough it came through. A pretty little TW200 and my first thought was, "JB has found us!" But it was just another TW 200 rider puttin' around the hilly dirt roads of Rabun County.

Made me want to get one.
jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by jb44 »

Boxer wrote:... A pretty little TW200 and my first thought was, "JB has found us!"
That would have been quite something!

I need to get over that way, but it looks like I may never run out of roads and trails around Murphy and SE TN. I've been able to ride from here (NC) into TN, and then into GA without ever traveling on a state highway

jb
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

Sweet!!! Looks like you're having a lot of fun with that 200! I need a little 125 -250 something to add to my other bikes.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey