Board question...Log in each visit?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Board question...Log in each visit?

Post by Photoguy »

Cookies enabled, "log in each visit" box checked, yet each visit requires me to re-log in. Probably something really really simple, yet my feeble brain remains confused :-k
CNorris
Basic User

Re: Board question...Log in each visit?

Post by CNorris »

If it makes you feel any better, same thing happens to me. It has something to do with cookies or our browser or something...if you figure it out, please post.
Craig
'02 R1150R - second time around after 8 years away
'85 BMW R80 - I have a thing for Airheads
Trout
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Trout »

I've never been able to make it work... 2 computers at home and 1 computer at work, 2 different versions of Internet Explorer, 2 different versions of Windows. I gave up months ago.

I regularly visit many other motorcycle forums that log me in automatically each time I visit. This is the only site I have ever had a problem with.
awagnon
Lifer

Post by awagnon »

I have the same problem logging on each time, but it only takes an extra click or two. What really frustrates me is when this board is so slow that it's essentially useless. I don't think it's my ISP, because all other forums seem to function normally at the time. Still, it's a great forum with great people. I can put up with the technical hassles from time to time.
Al
Ogden, Utah
2002 R1150RT
2004 R1150R (sold) (sigh...)
2004 R 1150GS
NoRRmad
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 388

Post by NoRRmad »

Auto-login works fine for me here, but not on many other sites I visit. I think it's something in my firewall settings...
#388 '02 R1150R Black: The darkest color.
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Post by Photoguy »

:-k
Hmmm...I don't have any problems on any other forums with the site remembering me. It's not too big a problem, only becomes an issue since I don't always log in, I've been slow to see a few PM's.
mcooperstein
Donating Member #: 2

Post by mcooperstein »

Works fine for me too. Didn't always till I figured out that the 'cookie' was being deleted every time. I have a utility program called ccleaner (crap cleaner). It was responsible for deleting the cookies. When I discovered this, I found a setting in it where you could tell it which websites (URL's) you wanted it to leave alone. Once I did this, I don't have to login every time. Well, to clarify, I still have to mash the 'login' button when I get to the r1150r.net home page, but once I do that, I'm immediately taken to the 'topics index'. I never see the username/password screen anymore! As I recall, there *is* a setting in Internet Explorer that you have to tweak. Go to "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" then "Advanced". You have to make sure that "Override automatic cookie handling" IS checked. Make sure accept first and third party cookies is checked too. That should do it.

Mark
WildBlue
Lifer

Post by WildBlue »

I always had that trouble as well...

Until I started opening the forums in a new window so I dont have the tag along frame at the top.
Chris
2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 27,000+
Life is a Game. Play to win.