2008 FALL BASH MOVED TO EUREKA SPRINGS, ARKANSAS- Join us!!

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

duckdave
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 580

Re: 2008 FALL BASH IN OZARK, ARKANSAS

Post by duckdave »

Yes, that's just what this Bash needs… Another name!

Also what it needs… OU812 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm working on T-shirts. Anyone want one?
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by OU812 »

Shirts are cool. ;)
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

Steve: Ha! I told it was too early to count yourself out! Glad you and SteveST are gonna make it.

Ves: Remember, the more you raz Steve, the more he'll have to live up to, and he will live up to it too #-o

Dave: Shirts, great idea! =D> =D> =D> I'll take 2, 1-XL and 1-XXL.

Now we all have to hope that Gypsy's schedule clears up [-o<
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

GypsyRR wrote:take note. Steve is going to Ozark!!! Prepare the management!!
mad1150 wrote:Now we all have to hope that Gypsy's schedule clears up [-o<
+2 on both.

The Ozark Motel will have to give Steve the special party animal room with the sloped floor and floor drain in the middle. Also, I fear the record setting 12,000 calorie/day diet of Olympic 11+ Gold Metal swimmer Mark Phelps is also at risk :badgrin:

OK, just kidding, he does none of those things. After talking with his wife at length when he was away when I called (where SHE did the talking :roll:), he's really just "Old and in the way". The reality is he'd rather ride fast thru the Ozark's fantastic roller coaster twisties than get back in time for supper and a few beers. That's what happened last year . . . . we were 1.5 hours late for the group dinner/chat/awards/picture event.

I also am officially now going too. Prior to today I was undecided, leaning heavily toward not going, after GypsyRR and OU812 were NOT going. I was put off by the (food/fuel/Motel) $400+ cost, 2 x 773 miles driving and 4 days away from my wonderful wife Ann and my constant companion dog Sadie.

I'll be there Thursday late afternoon early evening.

`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :D
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

Is anyone going to the Ozark Bash who would like to share a room? Preferably one with two beds! :shock:

Sparky is not coming with me this time, so I will probably ride the bike over on Friday...Get there for Friday night and Saturday night...Maybe Sunday night then ride home on Monday. So, if this fits with anyone's schedule who would like to share expenses, let me know so I don't book a whole separate room.
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

For those interested in sharing accomodations there's always the "bunkhouse" room:
duckdave in an earlier post wrote:They have one room with 3 single beds in it (otherwise, it has all the regular stuff), if anyone is interested in sharing a room. I'm not going to get involved in assigning rooms etc. ya'll can work it out. But, as your plans get firmed up I encourage you to go ahead and book your room (479-667-1500).
My wife and I had us some fun this evening in Ozark, actually in nearby Altus. Yes, indeed! We went for a quick jaunt up to Fayetteville where middle daughter is attending U. Arkansas to deliver her a desk. Of course, it was too big for our little Subaru, so we had to take my honking monster 454, 4:10, 4WD, 3/4T Suburban gas-guzzler. On the way back we cruised Ozark, talking about the Bash, then cruised Altus checking out the wineries. We stopped at nice looking place, Chateau Aux Arc, to check them out. Turns out you CAN buy a bottle of wine in the State of Arkansas on a Sunday, as long as you are in Altus (or Eureka Springs, we learned). The 'Burb' liked it so much there we ended up leaving it with a local fella who's going to try and figure out why it runs no more. I betting a clogged fuel filter or dead fuel pump. Anyway, we ended up hanging around the winery for about 3 hours (after they closed…the Chardonnay was rather good!) awaiting our rescue angels, who teamed up to relay us back to Little Rock in shifts.

Folks, it just doesn't get any funner than this!

Get your reservations! Tell Joan or Ron you're with the BMW R1150R Group. Here's the info you need:
The Ozark Motel
Ozark, Arkansas
479-667-1500
http://www.ozarkmotel.com

If they run out of rooms we spied a couple of other prospective accommodations in the area, and there's nearby camping.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

T-shirt logo:
(The above image was edited on 9/25 to represent the NEW logo. The Fall Bash has been moved to Eureka Springs. I'm ordering T-shirts Friday, 9/26, so if you don't have an order in... expected cost $15 ($16 for XL and above))

How many do we need?
I have a call for 10* so far…
*(=number edited to reflect the number ordered on 9/25)
Last edited by duckdave on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

I want a shirt! I may even be able to pick up mine at the multi-named bash, Dave. Wooo hooo!
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

I would like one for me. XXL please.
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

Gypsy said:
I want a shirt! I may even be able to pick up mine at the multi-named bash, Dave. Wooo hooo!
All right! [-o< ing at the r1150r alter works! :lol: I see the "may" in there, but I'm thinking positive.

Umm Duckdave, you may need to make the print on that shirt smaller to fit Ves's BYOBBS Bash and now Gypsy's Multi-Named Bash on it. :shock:

Vickie and I are heading down Wednesday morning now, decided to take the extra day in case of bad weather. We will still slab it down and be there Wed evening (earlier than last year #-o ) and will be leaving for home Sunday morning.
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

Maybe we should just call it "The Bash Formerly Known As The Fall Bash"... and just pick some never previously used symbol...

Sign me up for two T-Shirts... XXL and XL... Thanks...
Ves (AKA Boy,Sledge, and Cheap Bastid)
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

Call it the BMW Roadster Ride. That way non-beaks and the de-beaked feel included. And it could be shortened to BMW R.R.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

GypsyRR wrote:Call it the BMW Roadster Ride. That way non-beaks and the de-beaked feel included. And it could be shortened to BMW R.R.
I vote for Southern Midwest Invitational Ride and Fest.... SMIRF ... which of course fits in with the BMW blue and white logo... and our group picture will look something like this:

:smt023

Actually, I think one night while we're sitting around the dinner table and we've all had one too many, we should hold a contest to see who can come up with the best name and acronym for the ride...

Disclaimer: The photo above was blatantly stolen from the MCN website for purposes of discussion only... For all the related photos and story go here http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... EPI-100033 ... yada yada...
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

Ves wrote:
GypsyRR wrote:Call it the BMW Roadster Ride. That way non-beaks and the de-beaked feel included. And it could be shortened to BMW R.R.
I vote for Southern Midwest Invitational Ride and Fest.... SMIRF ... which of course fits in with the BMW blue and white logo... and our group picture will look something like this:

Actually, I think one night while we're sitting around the dinner table and we've all had one too many, we should hold a contest to see who can come up with the best name and acronym for the ride... [snip] ... yada yada...
+1 +1: I totally agree on the contest idea, although Roadster Ride (and for some odd reason, Roadster Rash) are starting to grow on me.

I made my second trip to Ozark, and nearby Altus, this past Friday to pick up my Suburban I'd abandoned there last weekend. Ended up making quite a friend of my good Samaritan, Darrell, who towed my truck to his place (using chains and a pickup) and eventually diagnosed the problem as fuel pump and did the repair deed for a good price. During my extended (first) visit to the Chateau Aux Arc parking lot, I became quite fond of the place, so I went by there and got 2 more bottles of their '05 Chardonnay. Finally tracked down the [in]famous Kelts I've heard so much about from you guys. Me and my ride had us an excellent dinner. I warned them to watch out for us in October. I have to agree with the reviews I've seen on the board---excellent, but expensive! Ouch! Yum!
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

duckdave wrote:... excellent, but expensive! Ouch! Yum!
Hello... cheapa$$ guy, who can eat a lot, over here... How expensive are we talking? Dinner for two less than $50? Do you at least get a lot of food... cause I hate it when you go to one of those expensive restaurants where the portions are half size and the bill is double the usual... and then you have to go to McDonald's after the fact just to feel satisfied... #-o
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

Ves,
I was avoiding saying just how much…IT's THAT SHOCKING!!!

Let's see. Yes, it was a lot of food. We both had the same thing. After a caesar salad, rib eye steak w/ 3 dipping sauces (au juice, was best), boiled shrimps (about 8–10 medium) with spicy dingle sauce, boiled new potatoes, pan-seared squash and (non-store bought) tomatoes. My friend had two glasses of Bonny Doon Reisling ($7/ea), I had a black 'n tan ($5/pint). IIRC, it was a bit over $70, sans generous, but well-earned tip.

Ouch! Yummm!

Fabulous Feltner's Whataburger in Russellville was unnecessary this trip. But definitely worth a feeding stop if your traveling I-40 slab. Take exit 81, go S on Route 7 about 1 mile, across the street from Arkansas Tech University.

-d.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

I cannot go now. :x Ozark-2 in the Fall is canceled for me. :cry:

All to be documented in "Off Topic" labeled "Trouble comes in 3's".

Please do not Hi-Jack this thread and go to the Off Topic thread for the specifics and your replies.

-Thanx-
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

Okay, most of you have seen this but for those who haven't this will get you psyched for the Ozark Bash coming up. We had a great time with the one little ditch diving mishap by my lovely bride on the F650GS.
I'm looking forward to some riding on the roads I missed last year.

Click here for slideshow
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

Rooms are going FAST!!!

In fact, they almost booked up!!! Seems the Ozark Motel has sold, and the new owners were unaware of our block of 15 rooms, so they have not been holding them. Seems there's also a new pipeline going up in those parts and the workers have snagged most of the rooms. Best I can tell the R1150R group has 8 rooms booked. Right now the Ozark Motel has only 2 King-bed rooms and 3 Double-bed rooms available.

As they say on Hawaii Five-O, "Book 'em, Danno!": Ozark Motel (479) 667-1500

There's a couple of other similar motels in the area.
Oxford Inn (about 500 yards up AR23 from the Ozark) (479) 667-1131; has a few rooms. I believe they are $45. I'll know more tomorrow. If you want a room, I recommend you call today.
Hillbilly Inn (about 0.4 mi east from the Ozark Motel on US64) (479) 667-2995; I have not checked on availability yet. Expect same price as Oxford.
Days Inn, Ozark (about 2.7 mi from Ozark Motel, Exit 37 I-40) (479) 667-2530; rooms are normally $65+tax, Leandra said we might get a deal at $55…if we booked a block of ten and only through her? I'm hoping we can find accommodations closer and cheaper.

B&B's
Lamplighter in Ozark; (479) 667-3889
Magnolia in Ozark; (479) 667-1041
St. Mary's Mountain Guest Inn in Altus (479) 468-4141

Anyone want to camp? Let me know. There some excellent camping in the area. My buddy Darrell has a campground right in downtown Altus.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580