So Long Fellers

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

johnnyjs1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 607

So Long Fellers

Post by johnnyjs1 »

You guys have all been great to me, and a wealth of information and laughs. Last years Bash was great, and I got to meet many awesome people. The time has come.....I sold the Rockster and picked up something else. I think it may be a pre-midlife crisis thing. Or maybe the whole clutch spline issue I had to deal with.The Rockster was a great all around bike and decent long distance tourer. I wish i could have one as a second bike, but that option is just not wallet friendly. Whenever I got on the Rock, it put a smile on my face, whenever I get on the new ride, it puts a sh!t easting grin on my face. I'll check back with you guys often, and if you all dont mind, maybe even attend a few bashes in the future. I have been recruited to the dark side, and so far......I'M FRIKKEN LOVIN IT :mrgreen: !!!!!: Its like a Dirtbike on Crack. Took it to Deals Gap in late May (took the Rock last year), and this thing can be thrown around through the twisties like a toy, the Rock was no slouch either though. I wonder what it is? Lately many members have been selling their beloved R's. Well.....i'll check back in often. Take care

Heres one for the road:

Johnny
See, I told you guys, half the time I dont know what I'm talking about.
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Re: So Long Fellers

Post by boxermania »

johnnyjs1

Life is a wonderfull experience as it lets us savior many opportunities.......things come and go via defferent reasons and we must make do.

Regarding the oilhead, all of us that owned one, have, for the most part, great memories. I parted with mine May '07 and went with a Burgman 650, which I love, albeit I dont ride nearly as much as I did before.

I love your new KTM addition, I think it is a great bike and will put a lot of similar bikes to shame.....enjoy you new mount and keep in touch.
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

Johnny

Hate to see you go and be sure to check in when you can. I understand the feelings about the bike. Enough has happened with our R's lately to make more than one fella wonder. Good luck with your new bike----looks great!

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

So Johnny when are we gonna meet in Amish country?
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Post by challey »

Johnny --

Sorry to see you go and good luck with the new ride.

I'm picking up a used SV650 next week to ride at least until I can fix the Roadster - and possibly instead of the BMW over the longer term. So I may also be leaving soon: Too much to worry about with FD bearings and input shaft splines not to mention melted down $1,300 wire harnesses.

Charlie
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

That bike makes me....drool!

I like to Super Duke; someday when I hit the lottery, I'll add one to my garage!

Enjoy the new bike and stay safe! - Oh, you're always welcome to future bashs!
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
johnnyjs1
Lifer

Post by johnnyjs1 »

Hopefully I'll see you guys at the next Bash :biggrin:
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

Uhhhh! We never told you but after attending one Bash, especially a rain bash, you cannot just quit. You are required by the laws of Beakster #1 to attend one remaining function with your new ride. If it is not another Roadster/Rockster, that's okay. We just make you sleep further away and ride last in the group.

So, Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA August 14-16, 2009. Jeff will comp your tent site, lodging on your own if you prefer. Be there!
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
STDocLizard1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by STDocLizard1 »

That ain't no reason to leave. If the Beaksters let me stay, they will let anyone stay. Good luck with the new street ship and I hope to see you at the next Bash.

Doc(Jim)
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
johnnyjs1
Lifer

Post by johnnyjs1 »

Funny thing....at first Janyss said the Superduke was as comfortable as the Rockster. So we decided to ride it to Deals Gap in May. Well as some of you know, Janyss is a real trooper. But.....reality hit after about 350 miles or so. I think she really missed the backrest and the big pillion seat. The rear seat on the Duke is TINY, and has a seat lock smack dap in the middle of it. Oddly enough I was the first one to complain about my bottom starting to hurt. We took the highway the whole way there, and lemme tell you, the Rockster, with the Meyer seat was a couch compared to the Duke's seat (I even have the "gel comfort seat" on it). Dont get me wrong, its not unbearable, but definately not comfortable. I've done a few 200+ mile days solo, and the seat was much better by myself than when 2 up. Luggage space is also a problem when 2 up compared to the Rock. Last year when we went to the Gap (on the Rock) we UPS'd a very small package ahead of time. This year (on the Duke), I fabbed up a rear rack to accomodate a topcase, but we still had to ship a weeks worth of clothes ahead of time (which by the way didnt arrive until 3 days before we were coming home). I think Janyss misses the Rockster, but then she gets on the KTM and seems to forget about it for awhile. When I first got the KTM, she kept asking me "Why would you get this bike? I cant believe you got rid of your "baby". Then she got on for the first time. We pulled onto the on ramp to the highway, I hit the throttle, the front end came up, and I was doing 74mph.....in FIRST GEAR!!! We got home, off the bike, and the first thing Janyss said was, "I got it, never again will I ask you why you got this bike." She was still smiling from ear to ear. I definately see another BMW in my future....but for now, I dont think I'd rather have any other bike. By the way, anyone know how far Hungry Mother is from Mohican campgrounds? I will be at Mohican during the time of H.M. I may take a few days off before that weekend, so if any of you guys are going to H.M. early, let me know and I may come down for a day or two, then head to Mohican afterwards.

Beemeridian.....you are a fine gentleman, and I will definately hold you to your obligation of a few beers. Janyss often asks me if I have spoken to you lately and how you are doing. She will always be grateful to you for letting her use your phone to call and check up on her son. Whenever you have a free weekend, let me know and maybe we can meet halfway for a ride and some food.

P.S. I'm a Lifer here, so really...I can't quit :mrgreen:
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
bobw
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by bobw »

That is a very nice motorcycle! Some folks stay with one brand and other folks try something different now and again and again and again............................. :badgrin: It's all good and made even more so by the great friends you meet along the way and you =D> get huge bonus points by having SWMBO along to share the experience.

Congrats and safe travels!

Cheers
johnnyjs1
Lifer

Post by johnnyjs1 »

Funny....Went from Ducati to Triumph to BMW to KTM. Never owned rice for some reason :-k
09 Someting??
Lifer 607