Solo Evening July 4, 2010 Ride

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Solo Evening July 4, 2010 Ride

Post by angellr »

Pulling into Big Mountain - approximately 15 miles into the mountains from my house.

Salt Lake City Valley below right at dusk - sunset is approximately 45 minutes away

A few more views from the top of Big Mountain

Big Mountain Plaque - Mormon Pioneers and other settlers into the Salt Lake Valley took this route.

Heading down the road from Morgan County to Summit County - About as off-road as I am going to take my R12R [can I just say, I hate gravel?]

Deer kept jumping in front of me ... if I saw one deer, I saw a few hundred!! [really 5 or 6?]

Any golfers in the group? This is a shot heading in the Jeremy Ranch Golf course - can you say $MM homes? Many Utah Jazz players and other celebrities have homes in this area.

Anyway, this was a (2) hour ride that started out at 80 degrees in the valley and wound up at 40 degrees riding from Jeremy Ranch over Parley's Summit [elevation 7120 feet] and back into Salt Lake City.

Here is the google map showing the route for those who actually are interested. http://bit.ly/bwAHPB
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD