kickstand and rear seat help needed

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

maxm2820
Basic User

kickstand and rear seat help needed

Post by maxm2820 »

My boyfriend and I own a 1150 RT and he over loaded the bike on his last trip and snapped the side kickstand. I found a really good deal on a replacement kickstand but it is for the 1150r not rt. Are they still compatible??

And since I am asking questions, I have one more that is a long shot! Since it is a cop bike it only has the front seat and at the present I do not have a motorcycle. :( (very sad for me) However, even on eBay rear seats are really more then we wanted to spend. We have a lot of ideas on how to build our own, and what we are doing now works ok, but we would rather buy one for the right price. Does anyone know of any other cheaper compatible seats from other manufacturers? at the present none of the motorcycle junk yards have any compatible bikes...(also sad) :(

any help or ideas would be great and Thank you!!!! :) :)
goomicoo
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: kickstand and rear seat help needed

Post by goomicoo »

I don't think the kickstands are the same. The RT-P cop bike has a different "rear end" than the civilian version. Instead of the rear seat it has a different frame for the rear top box. You will need to replace the rear section in order to put a seat back there. Or make one to fit if you have the time and patience. Good Luck.
Atlantic Blue
2002 R1150R
The bumble bee's gone
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Re: kickstand and rear seat help needed

Post by boxermania »

I would call on the folks at beemerboneyard as they might have some options available for you regarding the seat.
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX