Riding shoes. Boots. Whatever

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Riding shoes. Boots. Whatever

Post by riceburner »

Xdot wrote:Problem: protect feet while riding and in the event of an accident. :smt107
Problem: look presentable and be comfortable working in the office ](*,)

These problems have competing requirements. :smt071 :smt072 One asks for safety and over-the-ankle height. The other suggests some level of all day comfort and professionalism. Is there anything out there that is a reasonable compromise? No, I don't need race level protection, nor am I going to a board meeting.

What have you more experienced riders found that works reasonably well for this broad requirement. :smt102
1 pair riding boots

1 pair office shoes kept under the desk at work.

;)

(actually in summer I work barefoot - casual office).
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Airman
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Riding shoes. Boots. Whatever

Post by Airman »

TicTac50 wrote:
Xdot wrote:Problem: protect feet while riding and in the event of an accident. :smt107
Problem: look presentable and be comfortable working in the office ](*,)

:smt102
Very good question.
For many years I had Sidi On-Road Sympatex. Very nice boots. Sometimes I would change them in the office and sometimes I would wear them all day long. Under the jeans they sure do look like a regular shoes (almost). :-k
Recently I got the new Sidi Adventure Rain boots. Excellent boots with the best protection money can buy. I was trying to convince my son to get them too, but he opted for the Sidi BT2 racing boots. I don't think he is very happy with them. He did spent 100 bucks less than me, but he got what he paid for. I do like SIDI line, but I think that racing boots are not for walking. My riding buddy went down with his K1200 LT, wearing boots with the laces. He sure did have good laces. Lace got cot by the shifter and he was dragged by the bike about 15 feet. Turns out those laces are much stronger than his leg, which ended up to be broken in two places. :cry:
For the best protection, good looks and comfort, I would go for SIDI Adventure Rain. $375.00 with 10% OFF ;)
Excellent choice for what you looking for.
Good Luck.
I wouldn't want to wear the Sidi Adventure Rain at work. When I bought new boots early this year, I tried those boots and found them too stiff for me to work the shifter on the RR. Like you, I had a pair of the old Sidi OnRoad Sympatex boots as well, and ended up buying the new Goretex lined boots. My boots, at least, are 15 1/2" tall. I think you'd have trouble pulling your work pants over them unless you wear BDUs or another type with wide legs. On the other hand, my Alpinstars are a lot shorter and would easily fit under any pant leg. I don't care for the short quarter boots because of limited rain protection. Where I live rain protection is an issue. My socks get wet when I wear those short Redwing work boots.
I don't get caught in the rain, I ride in it on purpose.