R1200R tattoos

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

r12gecko
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

R1200R tattoos

Post by r12gecko »

Anyone have any? Just curious...
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the war room!"
nylife
Lifer
Donating Member #: 956

Re: R1200R tattoos

Post by nylife »

This is probably off topic, but

I love my bike, but would never get a tattoo of a brand or a name, with that said i think if i get another one my wife will be very pissed at me lol
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects handlebars to the saddle.
2009 R12R
bmwk100
Basic User

Post by bmwk100 »

I know I have seen tons of Harley-Davidson tattoos on individuals. Why no roundel?
Blue 10' R1200R
Triumph Sprint ST (traded for)
mogu83
Lifer

Post by mogu83 »

I really shouldn't answer BUT.
No tattoos most likely for the same reason you don't see straight through fishtail mufflers on a Beemer, or a t-shirt, with roundel, that says 'If you can read this the bitch fell off". Most of us have a life, and a lifestyle, and wouldn't mark ourselves just to buy into one, personally I'm in it for the ride and don't see how a tattoo could make the ride any better.

The only thing worse than a fifty something guy with his first tattoo is the same guy that convinces his fifty something wife to get one.

Naturally IMHO And I would expect this thread will be shortly pulled.
Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2011 Sportster
BMWMOA 57358
r12gecko
Basic User

Post by r12gecko »

I don't understand what's not R1200R related about this post & why it was moved. I hate boards where the moderators don't know the difference between moderating and interfering. Why should my posts go to an audience I have no interest in. I don't care about 1150R and I don't like having to post to the world instead of to a small, friendly community with the same bike as me. By now you may have figured out this was a test post after that stupid moderator post went up and got locked. It really puts a damper on my desire to contribute to have big brother watching every move. So I'm going hang back & taker 'er easy instead of being very active, though I'll still be happy to help (if I can) when a normal user posts & look for the same if I have bike issues. Too bad... the forum was just starting to warm up & feel homey & now it's back to sounding like a boring old tech manual.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the war room!"
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

r12gecko wrote:I don't understand what's not R1200R related about this post & why it was moved. I hate boards where the moderators don't know the difference between moderating and interfering. Why should my posts go to an audience I have no interest in. I don't care about 1150R and I don't like having to post to the world instead of to a small, friendly community with the same bike as me. By now you may have figured out this was a test post after that stupid moderator post went up and got locked. It really puts a damper on my desire to contribute to have big brother watching every move. So I'm going hang back & taker 'er easy instead of being very active, though I'll still be happy to help (if I can) when a normal user posts & look for the same if I have bike issues. Too bad... the forum was just starting to warm up & feel homey & now it's back to sounding like a boring old tech manual.
As the "... stupid moderator ..." who put the post up and then locked the banter, it was moved to the "off-topics" area of the board where *I* deemed it more appropriate. We may not always agree on many things, but am trying to keep things somewhat tidy all while allowing the inmates to basically run the asylum. There have been others concerned that the R1200R area is more off-topic than on and am trying to *gently* move things along. Happy to discuss this further if you feel I was being "... big brother watching every move" or heavy handed in my approach.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

:) I think you answered your own question...kind of.
Why should my posts go to an audience I have no interest in.
...or conversely who have no interest in them [the posts]. 8-[

That said, it started me thinking about a Roundel right between my lady's shoulder blades. That way I could go "Vroom! Vroom!"... :twisted: while...Well, you get the picture.
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

I don't like having to post to the world instead of to a small, friendly community
I would think the entire community of this board would qualify as a small, friendly community.

I would also say that considering the low amount of activity compared to something like advrider.com, it doesn't quality as posting to the world either! ;)

And someone doing an 1150R or 1200R or K1200 tattoo for that matter would be equally interesting. And strange.

I did see a large HD tatoo across some ladies ample bosom the other day. Hope her man doesn't switch to a Gold Wing! :lol:
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Post by Catchina »

Not R1200R specific...but it is off-topic.
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
nylife
Lifer

Post by nylife »

no images, you may want to relink, but i think you were trying to link this
http://www.tatuaggitattoo.com/tatuaggio ... attoo.html
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects handlebars to the saddle.
2009 R12R
Ric
Basic User

Post by Ric »

10 R1200R
09 KLX 250sf
74 H2
77 RD
69 Kawasaki Bushwacker
67 Kawasaki 120SS
65 CB 450 Black Bomber !
Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Post by Catchina »

nylife wrote:no images, you may want to relink, but i think you were trying to link this
http://www.tatuaggitattoo.com/tatuaggio ... attoo.html
Yeah, that was it. Not sure why the image broke.
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
rdsmith3
Lifer
Donating Member #: 74

Post by rdsmith3 »

r12gecko wrote:I don't understand what's not R1200R related about this post & why it was moved. I hate boards where the moderators don't know the difference between moderating and interfering. Why should my posts go to an audience I have no interest in. I don't care about 1150R and I don't like having to post to the world instead of to a small, friendly community with the same bike as me. By now you may have figured out this was a test post after that stupid moderator post went up and got locked. It really puts a damper on my desire to contribute to have big brother watching every move. So I'm going hang back & taker 'er easy instead of being very active, though I'll still be happy to help (if I can) when a normal user posts & look for the same if I have bike issues. Too bad... the forum was just starting to warm up & feel homey & now it's back to sounding like a boring old tech manual.
This forum is about as friendly as you will find on the internet. The moderators do a fine job.

Sometimes, one has to take a step back and say, "It's not about me."
Bob
2002 Atlanta Blue
Lifetime Member #74
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

Thanks Bob.

Does that guy with the BMW tattoo know his tat is violating BMW's new Corporate Logo Usage Guidelines?
He is in violation of their "Corporate Identity Policy"!!!

Now that I think of it, I don't know any BMW riders who are sweet on body art at all.
Maybe because body art is often seen as a undisciplined use of disposable cash (this is why alcohol overload can be a big pre-cursor to much of the tat business).

The cheapest thing on a BMW motorcycle is the rider.
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
nylife
Lifer

Post by nylife »

Tats, are not for everyone regardless of the bike you ride, in general yes, guys who ride cruiser type have more tattoos then a BMW rider, but not always
being a BMW rider, i have them, i like them they all have a meaning of something that happened in my life.
2009 R12R
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

r12gecko wrote:Why should my posts go to an audience I have no interest in.

That was mean. You should be interested in us; we are remarkable, interesting and always right.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

I wasn't going to post because I don't have a tattoo r1200r related and we have all been subtly chastised if we have an interest in the r1150r.
After all
Why should my posts go to an audience I have no interest in
and I know I don't want to
(put) a damper on my desire to contribute
But you know, I felt an overwhelming need to contribute to this "technical" discussion. And I don't really care that
I don't care about 1150R and I don't like having to post to the world instead of to a small, friendly community with the same bike as me
I'll bet that could be a microscopic community.
But I digress.

I will come clean, yes, Virginia, DS has a R1150R tattoo. At first glance it merely says

R1150R

but in the right circumstances, in happy times

The R1150R ... The Ultimate Driving Machine! Test Ride One At A Dealer Near You!

and there are two wheels underneath.

I hope the mods don't mind that I posted this in the R1150R section.

[edit] Wait! Thanks a lot! Moved to Off Topic! Sheesh. Next Stop Patrick's Playhouse, I fear!
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates