Shooting my new Pistol

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Shooting my new Pistol

Post by CycleRob »

This happened recently, and despite the fact it took 9 shots, the rapist is dead:

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local ... med/nCf3b/

When we heard it on the radio, we CHEERED!!! It's times like that, an actual lethal attack, when it's the best way to "flush the toilet". My wife will soon have the skills to do the same thing if need be.

The Georgia resident was not charged or arrested, unlike what would happen in some other States. #-o
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by OU812 »

I really love happy endings! =D>
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

OU812 wrote:I really love happy endings! =D>
Me too. Great 911 call. Bet, however, there will be some scumbag that will try and file suit because he died OUTSIDE the house.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

angellr wrote:
Me too. Great 911 call. Bet, however, there will be some scumbag that will try and file suit because he died OUTSIDE the house.
As long as the blood trail started in the house. Like I heard elsewhere, always drag em' in then back out..... :badgrin:
angellr

Post by angellr »

OU812 wrote:
angellr wrote:
As long as the blood trail started in the house. Like I heard elsewhere, always drag em' in then back out..... :badgrin:
That was the only mistake I noticed in this event ... she did NOT have her neighbor help drag him back in the house.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Jpainter187
Basic User

Post by Jpainter187 »

Congrats on being a new gun owner! Walther makes good little plinking pistols. I only skimmed your first post so I'm sure some things I'm about to say may have been already mentioned... I've been shooting handguns, long rifles, shotguns, and carbines for around 6+ years now. I currently own 12 different weapons, and will only continue to build my collection.

.22 LR pistols are great beginner handguns. I have a Ruger Mark III 22/45 target model and can shoot it all day long (or as long as my wife will let me) without hurting my wallet, too bad anyways. I didn't know GA had the open-carry law... I believe Vermont is another state that does. In some ways I wish TX did too, but then at times I think it's probably better we don't. Concealing my Kimber Ultra Tactical II (3" 1911 in 45ACP for those who didn't know) isn't hard for me.

If you are serious about home defense though, as I am, I would practice regularly with your P-22, until you are able to build muscle memory. And I would also recommend finding a holster that you can practice your draw with. You can do this on the range, or at home, BUT MAKE SURE THE GUN IS CLEAR first. Once you've gotten these things down I would start looking at purchasing a 9mm, or even a .380ACP.

.22 LR's are good, but when it comes to stopping power there is not a whole lot behind these little bullets. If you ever had a home invasion where the intruder was wearing body armor, you might as well forget about bringing him down unless you get a clean head shot. Just something to think about...

Owning and carrying guns has become a lifestyle for me, and it's a huge responsibility, especially if you have children (I have two). During the winter months when I was a kid my dad used to always say "It's better to have a jacket and not need it than need it and not have it." Well I use that saying now, but mine is, "It's better to have a gun and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Hopefully neither of us ever have a situation where someone breaks in and wants to hurt me, or my family especially... But I choose to plan for the worse and pray for the best. I make sure that if it WERE to ever happen I'm going to be better than him. Meaning if he has a weapon, I'm going to draw mine faster and put 3 in his chest before he has time to even think about what to do next.

Again, it's a way of life. Make sure you understand the responsibility to owning and carring a firearm. Practice gun safety, shoot often, and be safe. But no one's to say you can't have a blast while doing all that!
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Well said. =D>
angellr

Post by angellr »

Amen!

Went and exercised my 2nd Amendment rights yesterday and rode my bike up to an old rock quarry out by the Bonneville Salt Flats (ChiTown might have been amused with the dirt climbing my R12R did ... even had his stickers on my panniers). Got out the 'ol Pietro Beretta .45ACP Cougar and shot just enough rounds to hone my skills ... then headed back home. Killed two birds with 1 stone so to speak ... got in a nice ride, and had a nice time with my 'lil buddy.

Here are some pics I posted elsewhere as follows:http://www.flickr.com/photos/21793178@N ... 148215405/
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150