I Just Bought a HP2 Megamoto!

This forum houses topics related to other BMW bikes that dont have their own forum (s1000r, r9t, K1200R, F800, r1250r, GS, HP2, HP4, F, K bikes, etc), or upcoming machines

Moderator: Moderators

Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

I Just Bought a HP2 Megamoto!

Post by Lost Rider »

Here's a pic of the Beast, at least you received something besides my opinion!

[Image

Now that I have your attention, please read. Sorry no MegaMoto, but you could win a Motorbike!

With the continuos BANDWITH limit exceeded causing the site to go down, now is a good time for all you member's who haven't supported Doug's site to PAY UP. :biggrin:
It's takes money to host the site, and if you've ever posted a question, sold an item, gained any knowledge or made some friends from r1150r.org (r1200R.org too) you should help support what I see as the most important "accessory" for our expensive motorbikes - a community of knowledge and experience in one place.
There's plenty of regular posters around here who have a BLUE title. We all have plopped down big bucks for a Roadster, and everyone on here who owns or is going to own a Roadster benifits from this site. I'm talking to you guys that have been around a while and you n00b's too. ;)

Come on boys and girls, pony up! The cost of a basic membership is about ONE tank of gas...
When you Really need to ask about a torque value after you have your bike apart, want to know if something fits before you bid on ebay, or are just passing the time at work, #-o this is where you go and if the sites down you are out of luck with no where to turn...
For those of us that are already members, go buy a couple of raffle tickets - again the cost of ONE tank of gas....

Goto http://www.r1150r.org and click on this tab to be a supporter, and a MEMBER of our community.

Even better go here, buy a membership and some raffle tickets for a neat little bike....

http://r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14159

These opinions are my own and do not represent r1150r.org.

Here's a pic of the Beast, at least you received something besides my opinion!

[Image
Get Lost!
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Re: I Just Bought a HP2 Megamoto!

Post by Doug »

Well... what is it like!? How about a real pic?! :)
Member #1
OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by OU812 »

Joe you TOAD. You really had me going there! =P~ :lol:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

Aww , I read it too fast and fell into the trap! :D
Member #1
joe bar
Basic User

Post by joe bar »

Doug wrote:Well... what is it like!? How about a real pic?! :)
Well I have bought one :D :D :D

Still have my Rockster though (best of both worlds :?: :D )

What's it like? It is a very, very good bike. Definitely not for everyone and many traditionalist BMW owners wouldn't like it, but so far I love it. It's not perfect, and it should be for the money, but then what bike is.

Bad points - fuel range, seat, suspension is a bit to firm for everyday riding. In fairness, none of those were a surprise as I knew that going in.

Good points - styling, engine (solid 100+ bhp at back wheel), lightness, brakes (superb), riding position, handling, cross country ability.

I've now added a small screen and GS handguards to the bike and the screen in particular has transformed the high speed cruising potential as well as long distance comfort. The bike is light and feels it everywhere, on the road or in the garage, but isn't flighty. Stability and composure at speed across country on minor roads is brilliant, and never fails to be an enjoyable ride.

I've read a number of tests on the bike and many testers seem to miss the point of the bike. Much of this is because of their focus on the price, with the Ducati Hypermotard and KTM's 950SM and 990 Super Duke both significantly cheaper. However. once you have bitten the bullet and spent the money, then the price becomes irrelevant, you've made your decision and you've got the bike. Once the price is taken away, the question is - how good is the bike and does it tick the boxes, to which both answers must be very good and yes.

There is very little not to like about the bike, it is sportsbike quick across country but with great, everyday ergonomics, the bike just fits. The suspension is getting better, I'm a few tweaks off getting it right, but we're nearly there. The biggest problem at present is finding the time to ride it, but I've a trip to Italy planned for August and just know it will be superb in the Alps. Can't wait :D

OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
LumpyCam
Basic User

Post by LumpyCam »

I got my membership.

The free carbon fibre valve covers were a welcome surprise for joining!!!

(okay, some bait and switch on that one too...)
Dan
R1200R Alumni
The Daily Rider
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

LumpyCam wrote:I got my membership.

Dang. That one fooled the crap out me... for about 3 seconds... but that is not supposed to happen at all....
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
pistonbroke
Basic User

Post by pistonbroke »

hi
top bike
i would love to own , sadly now discontinued. [-(
some days its not worth chewing through the straps and chains in the morning
pistonbroke
Basic User

Post by pistonbroke »

after reading these threads ,brought back my dream to own one . took the r1200r back to the dealer for a check over after the throttle stuck open , went back for a service and this bike had come in 120 miles on the clock from new . it was my last chance to get one as they are no longer made . i would not have seen another with this low mileage . sadly i let my trusty gs go as a trade in for it . its a scream to ride compared to the gs.this one is a keeper for sure .
piston.
some days its not worth chewing through the straps and chains in the morning
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

SWEET! :mrgreen:
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

sjbmw wrote:
LumpyCam wrote:I got my membership.

Dang. That one fooled the crap out me... for about 3 seconds... but that is not supposed to happen at all....
ROTFLM*O, Herb! Time to do another "life" tour.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

Finn,

Thanks for your prodding to the masses! I am also going to ask all of you who are using this board gratis to think about donating a little bit of green to help keep this board going and alive! Its a great place to banter about BMW motorcycles, learn about guns and other sundry items in the Off-Topic section *AND* most importantly, you get to keep your blood pressure in check with the sizzling banter over in Pat's Playhouse (only paid members get to have this luxury). I even have to moderate some NSFW stuff in there as well! :shock:

Anyway, go to Doug's contact page and click on the donate NOW button. Good luck!
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Thanks for the reminder. ;)