Dry Hands

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

roger l
Donating Member #: 1

Dry Hands

Post by roger l »

What gloves do people use to keep your hands dry when riding in the rain? I have my rain suit and my First Gear over boots that keep my body and feet warm dry but my hands are always cold and wet. I bought some large rubber gloves to put over my thin pair of riding gloves but they are too tight. Does anyone have a good solution to keep their hands dry? Riding home in the rain in 45 degree weather with wet hands is not what I call fun.

Thanks
Roger L
dewi sant
Basic User

Re: Dry Hands

Post by dewi sant »

I carry a small bag of "surgeons" disposable rubber gloves with me and if the rain starts heavy enough to get through my gloves, I slip a pair on under my riding gloves. It's ok for colder weather but if it's warm and humid they can get a bit sweaty and uncomfortable. I originally carried them to pop on if I broke down or got a puncture but I've used them once or twice for keeping my hands dry as well. Not a perfect solution due to the sweaty thing but it kinda works - they do tear easily as well by the way

Dewi
TAG-Caver
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by TAG-Caver »

I use Polaris snowmobile gloves for rainy weather. Decent performance in rain and temps down to about 40 or so.
2008 R1200R
dbrick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 902

Post by dbrick »

I wear BMW Summer Rain Gloves, with the Darien's sleeves closed *over* the gauntlet. My hands stay dry. Below about 45°they're not warm enough, and I add a pair of silk glove liners, which with the heated grips are OK down to about 38°. My bike doesn't have handguards.
David Brick
Santa Cruz CA
2007 R1200R
priors: R50, R50, R69, R69S, R65, FJ1200, K75S, R1100RSL
SF_Hooligan
Lifer

Post by SF_Hooligan »

I keep a pair of Aerostich Triple Digits rolled up tiny in my luggage when there's a chance of rain. They're a little crazy-looking, but they work well.

Been meaning to get some of those silk liners, too.
pistonbroke
Basic User

Post by pistonbroke »

hi roger 1
winter riding here in the uk is in the last few years is normally a wet one , quite often i have put a spare pair of gloves under the seat or in a backpack .i have winter gloves also which are bulky , try not to use , they have a liner membrane in them and you can feel them moving around, horrible . so now put up with wet gloves for part of the trip . quite often when filling up leave the gloves on the cylinder heads to warm up . =D>
piston :D
some days its not worth chewing through the straps and chains in the morning
Woland
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Woland »

Rukka Atlantis. Really good glove. Superb grip "feel" and seriously waterproof, cant say I've used them for extended rides below 8 C but they are fine down to that combined with the heated grips on "grill" ;) . Not cheap though, think I paid some 150€ for them.
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

nothing works well, but what I've found best are the disposeable plastic mittens that are sometimes at the diesel pumps at gas stations, Slip those over your regular gloves. I've tried rain gloves and those three finger jobs and hospital gloves and none work as well as the free plastic, protect-the-lady's-hands-from-diesel-fuel gloves/mittens. Over a pair of comfortable garden gloves works also, just stash them somewhere and put them on when you imagine it's going to rain, ie before you get your good gloves wet.

John
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
bmwk100
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by bmwk100 »

SF_Hooligan wrote:I keep a pair of Aerostich Triple Digits rolled up tiny in my luggage when there's a chance of rain. They're a little crazy-looking, but they work well.
+1- After getting used to the "claw" configuration, these gloves work real well. They keep your hands dry, work in all types of weather and are easy to store.
Blue 10' R1200R
Triumph Sprint ST (traded for)