black screen

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

dewi sant
Basic User

black screen

Post by dewi sant »

firstly, apologies for typing this without capitals - i have my 12 month old spaniel girl curled up fast asleep on my knee so typing with one hand, if let go with the other she'll fall off. :o)

yes... erm black screen. wasn't too fussed with the clear one so painted it black, i like it. done from the inside, with halfords enamel paint (which smells just like acrylic to me) enough typing piccies on my website http://www.oldgitbiker.pwp.blueyonder.c ... Page_1.htm also just picked up a not very old akrapovic exhaust off e.bay for not a lot of money

Phew! She's got down! :D

Dewi :mrgreen:
nylife
Lifer
Donating Member #: 956

Re: black screen

Post by nylife »

looks good and spaniels are awesome :)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects handlebars to the saddle.
2009 R12R
dewi sant
Basic User

Post by dewi sant »

nylife wrote:looks good and spaniels are awesome :)
Got to agree, my girl is anyway - lovliest natured thing. Link from "serious" website http://www.dewisant-photography.net/dew ... isc_14.htm

Dewi
qfman
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Something missing

Post by qfman »

Forget the screen man - don't you see your ABS is missing?? You won't survive a week out there !

Tom
ipokebadgers
Lifer
Donating Member #: 913

Post by ipokebadgers »

Looks great. I have been thinking about painting my screen. Unfortunately puting paint in my hand normally leads to a mess and much gnashing of teeth.

My pooch is a 95 pound English Bulldog and not much of a lap dog.
2007 R1200R
2000 K1200LT(Gone)
1978 R100S (Gone but not forgotten)
nylife
Lifer
Donating Member #: 956

Post by nylife »

dewi sant wrote:
nylife wrote:looks good and spaniels are awesome :)
Got to agree, my girl is anyway - lovliest natured thing. Link from "serious" website http://www.dewisant-photography.net/dew ... isc_14.htm

Dewi
here is mine
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects handlebars to the saddle.
2009 R12R
BLAIR1200R
Basic User

Post by BLAIR1200R »

Nice work Dewi ! ... great quality photos too... nice floor coating in the garage also :)
bLaIr1200R
2012 Grey Matt R1200R
"The universe rings true wherever you fairly test it."
dewi sant
Basic User

Post by dewi sant »

Tom..... I hadn't noticed that! :lol: That was another thing about this bike that appealed - no ABS. Never been a big lover of it on bikes - too much to go wrong and very expensive to sort when it does. It wasn't very good on the 800ST that I had before this bike, went off at the slightest provocation.

Nylife..... nice looking Springer, looks like he could be fun. My son wanted one when we go Jo but I've had a few dingle and love 'em

IPB.... 90lbs - he wouldn't be getting my knee either. Jo doesn't usually but she's got an ear infection at the mo and we'd been at the vets so I made an exception.

Blair .... glad you like the floor it was re-painted a few weeks back after a massive clear out. Used to run my own busness in there restoring / repairing guitars but retired now so I've got my garage back for bike fettlin'

Dewi
PhilSB
Basic User

Post by PhilSB »

I noticed a low suspension bike in Rainbow a couple of weeks ago and thought it ideal for anyone needing a low bike. I have the low seat on my 07 bike and I seem to be able to manage (just) with my 27" legs. I might have gone for low level if it had been available back then but I don't really miss it. Rainbow is a good dealer but Robsons at York could offer me quicker delivery, I can recommend Robsons if you need another dealer anytime.

Did you see on a traffic police programme on TV that a guy had a rottie in a rat trailer behind a ratbike. The trailer was a metal barrel on a crappy axle with no lights. The dog in the trailer was OK but the bike and trailer were unroadworthy. I wonder if my Tinker would like a trailer, she's a bit big for a tankbag :P

Phil
Boxerpunk
Basic User

Post by Boxerpunk »

I vaguely remember a topic from the moderator, in which he asks us to stay on-topic.
How on earth did we start with a black screen, and end up with dogs :smt017
Greetz, Erwin

2003 Rockster Full Black
redwing
Basic User

Post by redwing »

dewi sant...I have been thinking about painting my sport shield black but a wrinkled or crinkled black on the outside. I want to get some black bolts instead of the silver ones that come with the shield... but have not found them yet. Guess I could paint them along with the shield.
Like your dogs ya'll... love my bike....like the dalmation loves his bank

Robert
08' R1200R
Sweet...