New footpegs / rear hugger

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

omg1010
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

New footpegs / rear hugger

Post by omg1010 »

Hi folks,

"pimp your bike" goes on. After fishing some nice parts on fleabay (billet footpegs and carbon rear hugger) I couldn't wait to get these on ... See here https://picasaweb.google.com/1003408169 ... 5/20111121#

Brgds
Oliver
CRazyCam
Basic User

Re: New footpegs / rear hugger

Post by CRazyCam »

Hi Oliver.

Love the look of your bike. :D

Looking at the pictures reminded me of a question you might be able to answer....

The A-arm, telelever thing, yours is from a R1150R isn't it?

Is there any difference in weight from the standard, and boring looking unit on the 1100/850s?

regards,CrazyCam
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

Yep correct, it comes from the R1150R (or Rockster in different color). Very hard to find as it seems. I did not weigh both a-arms but I believe there is no considerable weight difference between the ugly and the good looking ... :mrgreen:

Brgds
Oliver
CRazyCam
Basic User

Post by CRazyCam »

Thanks for that, Oliver.

Those nice looking A-arms do seem to be quite expensive second hand, and, while they look so much nicer, I can't justify the extra money just on looks.

Now, if they had been noticeably lighter, I could have been tempted.

Thanks again, CrazyCam
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

They are indeed. If you want to save on weight go for a different exhaust and a LiFePo4 battery. These 2 mods can easily save you over 10 kgs in weight which is considerable. Then go for some human weight optimization :mrgreen: and you'll get there ...

I have done so much on my bike that a couple of 100 bucks for the a-arm can be neglected :lol:

Brgds
Oliver