BMW car

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

florency
Basic User

BMW car

Post by florency »

How much it costs to maintain any bmw car? I'm thinking to buy a used bmw car and just want to know about repairing this car on regular basis.
Last edited by florency on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Re: BMW car

Post by angellr »

Acquisition costs of BMWs are high, however, TOC are much lower. Have owned 4 BMWs over the years with very little maintenance. Good luck.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Chumley
Basic User
Donating Member #: 138

Re: BMW car

Post by Chumley »

florency,

First, which model? 3 series are much better than 7 series with 5 series between. We currently have a '07 Z4 3.0si and it has been very trouble free but it still has low mileage. Older cars were probably less prone to some issues but that goes back maybe 10 years.

Are you going to buy a certified used BMW? There is a bit of a racket but the extended warrranty is great to have 6 (7?) years and 100,000 miles. Ask for the service checklist - I got burned one time and it was because I did not get that report at time of purchase.

You can also get an extended service plan which can be helpful. I was paying an average or $400 for an inspection 1 and about $800 for an inspection 2 which average about every 12K to 15K miles.

My cars were all good but started showing issues at about 60K. Some issues you would think were covered by warranty aren't and you will become a member of confused but likely loyal group.

Simply put, no car has ever provided the driving satisfaction of my BMW cars. That does come at some price but to many it is worth it.
I don't know of a break in period for life, I guess I'll just live it like I stole it.
Member #138