Buy/sell section

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

ron prior
Basic User

Buy/sell section

Post by ron prior »

Anyone know why I can't reply to a post in the buy/sell section?

Have tried several times. Denied access each time?

Thanks,Ron
garr2
Triple Lifer
Donating Member #: 781

Re: Buy/sell section

Post by garr2 »

It's been a while since I've looked at let alone used that section, but is it because in the Buy/Sell section you send a PM directly to the poster rather than communicate through the forum?

Ian
60% of the art of conversation is knowing when to say nothing
ron prior
Basic User

Post by ron prior »

Well, I guess I've never used that section before, as I did not know that!

I did send the PM.............thanks a bunch.

Ron
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

The entire membership of the board voted a while back to make Buy/Sell section sales and posting a perk for paid members only.
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
sky_sailor
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by sky_sailor »

sjbmw wrote:The entire membership of the board voted a while back to make Buy/Sell section sales and posting a perk for paid members only.
While I am a member, an open to everyone. buy and sell section would bring in more posters, hence probably more members? Buying and selling is a huge reason folks visit these "make specific" sites.
Lyle
When in doubt, chicken out...
ron prior
Basic User

Post by ron prior »

sjbmw wrote:The entire membership of the board voted a while back to make Buy/Sell section sales and posting a perk for paid members only.
While I'm not opposed to being a paying member/making a site donation...due to a past identity theft, I will no longer put anything financial on the net.

Is there another way?

Ron
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

ron prior wrote:
While I'm not opposed to being a paying member/making a site donation...due to a past identity theft, I will no longer put anything financial on the net.

Is there another way?

Ron
Ron, send Doug a PM with contact information or send him an email ([email protected]). Understand the deal with identity theft ... perhaps you can do the transaction over the phone.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

Hi! I totally understand your concern with identity and privacy, and thats actually the same exact reason I don't allow anyone to send me checks anymore. I had a few wackos on here in the past that would track me down (even one guy threatening me and my family) and I cant tell you how many r1105r's I saw driving nice and slow by my house. Its just a little too freaky and invasive. When I moved, I decided to not let anyone know my address anymore as a blanket rule.

The way people normally handle this is to either earn it by doing something extraordinary for the board (fully organize a group ride, find a vendor to donate parts for a raffle, etc) or just find a friend with an account, give them the cash, and then have them submit the paypal. So many people have accounts now, its not that hard to do.

Hope that works out for you

ps - I'm moving this to the offtopic section. Please keep only r1150r stuff in the r1150r section! Cheers.

-Doug
Member #1