After market exhausts - R1100R

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

ColinFromDevon
Basic User

After market exhausts - R1100R

Post by ColinFromDevon »

Hi,
I'm considering getting an after market exhaust, does anyone have one ? what sounds good? I'm after something that will let me hear it a bit, nice n deep. Any suggestions? By the way - I'm new here, I got a 99' R1100R, had it 7 yrs, love it, done 47000m on it,
Cheers colin
ctoro
Basic User

Re: After market exhausts - R1100R

Post by ctoro »

Colin,

The only after market I know for this type of bike is the Two Brothers, but I'm not giving up on finding other brands. Goggle it, you might just like it.
boxermoose
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by boxermoose »

I believe Staintune used to make a exhaust for this bike
TANSTAAFL
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

SR Racing and Zach (both German) and Bodis (Hungarian). Bodis is available only a complete set with the mufflers (mucho $$$).

Bodis looks like this https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/q ... directlink

Brgds
Oliver
ginscoe

Post by ginscoe »

I have had this one installed for a while:

http://euro-motards.highwire.com/produc ... er-muffler

I bought it on eBay for around $300 and like it better than the Two-Bros C6 that I had before.
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

Bearing in mind the concept of the R1100 exhaust which consists of 2 pieces (mufflers and the huge second part - exhaust with the catalytic converter box) a simple "slip-on" does not work I would say. The GPR certainly consists of an Y-pipe and the final exhaust. How about the catalytic converter in that case?

Brgds
Oliver
ddepr1217
Basic User

Post by ddepr1217 »

I have the Ztechnik on my '99 and it is a nice deep rumble. I think it sounds awesome. Have gotten lots of compliments on it. When I get home I will try to see which one it is exactly. Really love it!
tiPirate
Basic User

Post by tiPirate »

Ay feedback on the LSR exhaust from RB Racing? They do intake and exhaust packages, looks like the GS version will fit right where the stocker does.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/blackhole/b ... austs.html

omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

Is/has anything from RB Racing ever been available on the market? I remember the reports about their clutches - they never answered any mails/faxes and on the phone they always said these would be available in a couple months (but for many years - nothing!). Hence I would not trust these guys and it would be interesting to hear if anybody was ever able to purchase something from that company ...

Brgds
Oliver
M31100R
Basic User

Post by M31100R »

Dunno Oliver, but I started looking at their site a day or two ago with some great interest, which quickly waned as 60% of the site seems to be whining about deadbeat customers and how much easier Harley customers are to deal with than Beemer customers. I walked away with the impression that you needed to be in some secret society inner circle of trust for them to sell you something.

omg1010 wrote:Is/has anything from RB Racing ever been available on the market? I remember the reports about their clutches - they never answered any mails/faxes and on the phone they always said these would be available in a couple months (but for many years - nothing!). Hence I would not trust these guys and it would be interesting to hear if anybody was ever able to purchase something from that company ...

Brgds
Oliver
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

Well I can only quote what has been said about the RB guys in some forums. This matches with my own experience. I wanted one of their clutches and sent e-mails and called a couple of times from Germany. EMails were NEVER answered. And on the phone I always go the same answer that the product is "under development" or "the guys are on the racetrack" and that it would take a few more months. After I think a year or even more I had given up.

Brgds
Oliver
geffr1
Basic User

Post by geffr1 »

I have a two brothers racing with the cat-eliminator. It sounds good--not too loud, and saves about 15 lbs. Easy DIY install.
richierex
Basic User

Post by richierex »

Motad are doing a link pipe and end can in stainless, they were on offer when I bought mine. Low level like a RS or Rt so you can fit big panniers with a bit of adaption to the footrest fitting.
LillMange
Basic User

Post by LillMange »

Just for the record in case someone in the future will search for after market exhaust systems I will also add:

LeoVince Evolution 2
Here is an excellent clip of how it sounds with the insert pipe removed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYUDzyZ ... re=related
=D>

I have ordered it but not yet recieved it. I'll post an update when I've gotten it and installed it. :D

Brgds
Magnus
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

Hello Magnus,

yes the Leo Vince is indeed another option. However users here in Germany have been happy with it while the exhaust was new. But it became much louder after some time (maybe because of the filling) ... May not be your concern though ... :)

Brgds
Oliver
LillMange
Basic User

Post by LillMange »

omg1010 wrote:Hello Magnus,

yes the Leo Vince is indeed another option. However users here in Germany have been happy with it while the exhaust was new. But it became much louder after some time (maybe because of the filling) ... May not be your concern though ... :)

Brgds
Oliver
Thank you for that note, must probably be caused by lower quality or quatity of filling in the slip-on. In any case drilling out the rivets and swiitching to new filling is not difficult at all, anyone can do it if you have a drilling machine and rivets and rivets pliers :D

FYI I picking up the package today after work :badgrin: =D>

Have a great day!

//Magnus
captaincable
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1050

Post by captaincable »

Magnus,
Let us know how it looks and sounds if you can, I heard a couple of Beemers yesterday that sounded great, but I could not tell what kind of exhaust they were using ,one older 1100 GS and a RT, they both had a " snarl" as they went by, put a smile on my face.
Mike
LillMange
Basic User

Post by LillMange »

captaincable wrote:Magnus,
Let us know how it looks and sounds if you can, I heard a couple of Beemers yesterday that sounded great, but I could not tell what kind of exhaust they were using ,one older 1100 GS and a RT, they both had a " snarl" as they went by, put a smile on my face.
Mike
I hope I will put smiles on peoples faces when I'm taking the bike out for a spin this afternoon! =D> :D The exhaust system is just installed, links for installations pics and videos are found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/76608913@N ... 988005836/ and here http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6Lzc3 ... ature=mhee

//Magnus 8)