Bar Risers

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

driverbrook
Basic User

Bar Risers

Post by driverbrook »

Hi, As i am new to this game i hope someone out there can answer a question, I have a R1200R and some time ago i visited the Paignton Bike Night and saw one of these bikes with a set of bar risers fitted, they raised the bars about an inch and also pulled them back about the same distance, although i waited around for some time in the hope of seeing the rider had to leave before contacting him, does anyone know where i can get a set of these risers, try as i might i cannot locate them anywhere, cheers, Arnie
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Re: Bar Risers

Post by sjbmw »

Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
driverbrook
Basic User

Post by driverbrook »

Hi, thanks very much for the tips and the search addresses, will do as you say, many thanks.
jkhomes
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 939

Post by jkhomes »

I have two different pair for sale. Can you access the buy/sell page for paying members? If not, I can pm you.
John K
2008 R1200R
2013 HP4
BobbyLeBout
Lifer
Donating Member #: 676

Post by BobbyLeBout »

Two years ago I had a set machined out of aluminum. The bring the handlebars up three inches and back three inches. The brake and clutch lines needed to be longer. It was a joy to ride without the pressure on my wrists.
driverbrook
Basic User

Post by driverbrook »

Hi John K, sorry saw your post too late, have gone and purchased a pair that were recommended in the forum, thanks anyway, regards, Arnie