Fools on a Hill

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

duckdave
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 580

Fools on a Hill

Post by duckdave »

I' ve been doing this local (non) rally for several years now and highly recommend it. I'll post some pictures if I can find 'em..
The road up to Mt Nebo features 9-12 hairpins in about 2 miles on an 18% grade and is fairly representive of riding in the area (ok, I exaggerate. But not by much). Originally a guzzi-specific (non) rally, it's now non-denominational with good representation from all brands from HD to BMW.

Mar 15 to Mar 17, 2013
FOOLS ON A HILL 14

GUZZI/BMW WINTER CAMPOUT, Mount Nebo State Park, Arkansas (last official weekend of winter). No goofy poser activities, just motorcycle weirdoes sharing a big campfire on a 1900-foot bluff overlooking the Arkansas River and some great twisty rides to obscure eateries. MOTORCYCLES ONLY! CARS OR TRUCKS WILL BE TOLERATED ONLY IF THEY ARE CARRYING FIREWOOD. Mt. Nebo State Park is located 5 miles west of Dardanelle at the end of Arkansas Highway 155. 479-229-3655, mountnebo>at>arkansas.com. Mario or Ann Caruso, 501-622-0987, [email protected] or Jim King, 479-233-9376, fools>at>cox.net. http://www.members.cox.net/fools.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
duckdave
Double Lifer

Re: Fools on a Hill

Post by duckdave »

Bump.

I couldn't figure out a way to post pics from my iPad. But pics are unnecessary---just imagine sitting around a roaring campfire by night (and all those motoguzzi groupies hanging out), and riding the local twisties by day! And bragging rights that you camped out the last weekend of Winter, ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE! (in my case, I emphasize I do it every last weekend of Winter).

Seriously, only 1 year of the past 5 did the geezers go out to WalMart to buy electric blankets. And I want to emphasize that not ALL the old guys did that. Just the weak ones. Again, seriously, how cold can you get in a campsite with electricity. Most years, the weather is typical "Arkansas balmy"---a sweater under your riding jacket and ur good to go.

So if your looking for adventure, and some good riding, consider Fools on a Hill.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
duckdave
Double Lifer

Re: Fools on a Hill

Post by duckdave »

Check out this site for a few pics and chatter
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=59672.0
-duckdave