"warning light" on dash

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

brians
Basic User

"warning light" on dash

Post by brians »

I just this week picked up a 44,000 mile rockster. When I bought it the battery was in poor shape and the "warning light" next to the ABS light was illuminated. The owner said it had happened once before when the battery went bad but that it went out when he installed a new battery.
I pulled the battery out and it was gone, I put in a new battery but the light is still on. When you switch the bike on it will go out but as soon as you touch the brakes it illuminates again. I rode it yesterday to see if that would change anything but it didn't. The brakes work fine.

Does this sound like a dead battery caused problem, brakes or ???? I have ordered a workshop manuel but it has not arrived yet.
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: "warning light" on dash

Post by riceburner »

I can't visualise the dash at the moment, so can't remember which light that is - does it have a marking over or near it?
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Check your tail/ brake lamp operation. It's a dual-filament bulb. One function of the iABS1 controller is a continuity check for the bulb's circuits. Another function is continuity checks on the brake switch circuits, another possible cause of the warning lamp flash (triangle with apostrophe within).
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
brians
Basic User

Post by brians »

Bingo, it was the tail light/ brake light. New bulb solved it. Should have figured this out because my wife's BMW car does the same thing when a tail light blows.
Hunter
Basic User

Post by Hunter »

Man, gotta love a successful 3 dollar repair!