2013 Beakster Bash, May 16-19, Marietta, OH

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

ctRrider
Lifer

Re: 2013 Beakster Bash, May 16-19, Marietta, OH

Post by ctRrider »

I have to bow out of this years Bash. I have a family wedding to go to that weekend in St. Louis. Wifey wants me to go with her. She wins this one but I'll make up for it with a trip to the BMWRA rally in June. Sorry I'm going to miss all the fun this year.
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

Hey ctRider - keep in touch so when you come to the RA rally we can meet up! It is just down the street a ways from where I work! :lol:
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
ctRrider
Lifer

Post by ctRrider »

Will do. You can show me some of those secret roads that I need to ride blindfolded so that I won't reveal them! :lol:
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Tom,
Sorry you won't be making it.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

Looking at making it this year. Need to huddle with doc on ingress/egress. Also need to book room.
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
ctRrider
Lifer

Post by ctRrider »

Just got my copy of RoadRunner magazine and they have an article on riding Southeast Ohio. There is even blurb on the Lafayette Hotel in Marietta. Looks like a great area to ride. I'm tempted to disappoint my niece and miss her wedding to go to the Bash. Besides, she would probably get over it, but I might not! Don't know if I can convince my wife and the magazine article is not being helpful. I got an, "aw, that looks like fun but the wedding is family" [-X
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Tom,
I am gonna say something bad, but here it is. Since 50% of today's marriages end in divorce, you have a chance that you can catch her next wedding, or a renewal of her vows. Please don't tell you wife I said this, or you will never be able to go. Also I hope your niece is on the good side of that percentage.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
ctRrider
Lifer

Post by ctRrider »

This niece is a wild one. She had to wait for her fiancé to get his previous marriage annulled , so I think the chances are that this won't be her only one. It is her first marriage so we go to the first ones but won't travel to the second ones. This one is in St. Louis and her sister gets married two weeks later so I have a busy May with weddings. The sister has a better prognosis of lasting. I tried to work it so that I would see the family in only one wedding trip and make the Bash, but my wife doesn't want to travel alone and wants to go to both. So Bif, you hit it right on the head.
johnnyjs1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 607

Post by johnnyjs1 »

I have commitment issues so I didn't reserve a room....if anyone would possibly be willing to put me up for the weekend in their room, I'd be happy to give em half of the cost when I get there. Just not 100% sure I will make it, its probably going to be a last minute decision 8-[
See, I told you guys, half the time I dont know what I'm talking about.
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer

Post by jfslater98 »

OK, I'm booked. Block of rooms is all used up. I took Cabin, so no snuggling with me Johnnyjs1, you're on the floor, beeyotch :lol:

Doubt you'd want to bunk with me anyway, apparently I'm quite the snoring machine.
buckeye1951
Lifer

Post by buckeye1951 »

I am new member and new owner of a 2004 Rockster. I was reading information on this forum, come across this thread regarding the event in Marietta. I live nearby, is this event open to all?
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

buckeye1951 wrote:I am new member and new owner of a 2004 Rockster. I was reading information on this forum, come across this thread regarding the event in Marietta. I live nearby, is this event open to all?
Absolutely! I arrived on my Honda for BBIV in Marlinton and they let me in. :lol:

Congrats on the Rockster.

Doc
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
johnnyjs1
Lifer

Post by johnnyjs1 »

jfslater98 wrote:OK, I'm booked. Block of rooms is all used up. I took Cabin, so no snuggling with me Johnnyjs1, you're on the floor, beeyotch :lol:

Doubt you'd want to bunk with me anyway, apparently I'm quite the snoring machine.
Sleeping mat and ear plugs......so you wont mind if I just show up and possibly crash on the floor? Dinner on me one night, and a beer or six as well [-o<
09 Someting??
Lifer 607
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer

Post by jfslater98 »

johnnyjs1 wrote:
jfslater98 wrote:OK, I'm booked. Block of rooms is all used up. I took Cabin, so no snuggling with me Johnnyjs1, you're on the floor, beeyotch :lol:

Sleeping mat and ear plugs......so you wont mind if I just show up and possibly crash on the floor? Dinner on me one night, and a beer or six as well [-o<
Ok, but i only spoon on my left side. You're not the judgmental type are you? Har!

Sure if you can't find swankier digs, I'm cool. Let me know.
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Buckeye1951 - by all means, show up and join us! As long as you like riding, eating and talking about riding!
Absolutely! I arrived on my Honda for BBIV in Marlinton and they let me in.
And been regretting it ever since! :lol: Seriously, Doc - look forward to seeing you again!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

wncbmw wrote:Buckeye1951 - by all means, show up and join us! As long as you like riding, eating and talking about riding!
Absolutely! I arrived on my Honda for BBIV in Marlinton and they let me in.
And been regretting it ever since! :lol: Seriously, Doc - look forward to seeing you again!
Thanks Vann. I really look forward to this event every year and I thank cyclerob for inviting me way back when. Catch you in Marietta. Ride safe.
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

G & I will be spending the night somewhere halfway on Tuesday night, but have not decided where yet.
Have not decided yet whether G will be riding the Ninja or if she'll go pillion, but will be doing a shakedown ride Sat or Sun so she can see if she's up for that much distance in a day (250 miles).

:D :D :D
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Daryl_stamp wrote:G & I will be spending the night somewhere halfway on Tuesday night, but have not decided where yet.
Have not decided yet whether G will be riding the Ninja or if she'll go pillion, but will be doing a shakedown ride Sat or Sun so she can see if she's up for that much distance in a day (250 miles).

:D :D :D
Good idea...................get the bugs out and get her back in the saddle.

Welcome home!

Doc
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Just caught this video from the HSTA now called MSTA. I have been a member for 20 years and this was my first national event with the Association. I will be fun to return there next week. The video is a bit promotional, but I remember how great the roads were from back in 1999.

Enjoy and I hope to see you at BBX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5_fI1dDmB8
johnnyjs1
Lifer

Post by johnnyjs1 »

jfslater98 wrote:
johnnyjs1 wrote:

Ok, but i only spoon on my left side. You're not the judgmental type are you? Har!

Sure if you can't find swankier digs, I'm cool. Let me know.
When do you have the cabin booked for? Thurs-Sat. night? I'm thinking I'll ride down either Fri. night or Maybe Sat. morning
09 Someting??
Lifer 607