Hungry Mother 2013 is August 09-11

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Re: Hungry Mother 2013 is August 09-11

Post by Boxer »

Someone doesn't get served dinner one night.
One year it was breakfast...remember, I didn't get my breakfast that one time at Appletree. I ended up eating 3 raisins and leftover toast crust from two other plates. It was horrible.

Wayne, are you camping or staying at a motel? :-k
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

My intentions right now are to camp. I went camping this past weekend and did ok. (truck) I am trying to get a heel/toe shifter made up to help with upshifting.
I'm hoping I can get ready in time.
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
captainkirk
Basic User

Post by captainkirk »

Way to go Wayne!! You've come a long way, baby. =D>
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Boxer wrote:
Someone doesn't get served dinner one night.
One year it was breakfast...remember, I didn't get my breakfast that one time at Appletree. I ended up eating 3 raisins and leftover toast crust from two other plates. It was horrible.

Wayne, are you camping or staying at a motel? :-k
Whoops, I forgot about that. But now I remember.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

Hey Boxer, you can miss a meal or two!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

captainkirk wrote:Way to go Wayne!! You've come a long way, baby. =D>
Captain Kirk...............can you just beam me up (or down) to HM? :lol:
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

Hey Boxer, you can miss a meal or two!
Yeah, but BREAKFAST!?
challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Post by challey »

Wow - Wayne's gonna make this! Now I really need to try and get the Roadster running and down there.

Still not running (just posted for some help with an errant connector) but there's at least a 50/50 shot. And if all else fails, I could ride the Wee Strom down again.
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

I'm camping. My very good friend Bob Weber is planning to come as well. He rides a GS. He's also the fella who has meticulously cared for my R these past 3 years. He has cared for it like his own. Bob visited me at least once a week (sometimes more) at every hospital I was in for over 10 months. And one of those was 2 hours from home.

Life has been busy here for various reasons and I tire quickly, and the fatigue is strange. The lingering fatigue I have to struggle with from GBS is clearly my biggest challenge now. It like having a cup filled half way with my allocation of energy for that day. I can either use it quickly or slowly. Once that cup is empty I don't get more till the next day. If I try to overdo it one day I run the chance of crashing the next day and being worthless that day.

I've only been on my bike once (ridden) and that was back in May. I have a couple issues here that I seem to constantly fight. My plan is to get some riding time in during the next month or so. But that being said I don't know how well I'll handle a 3-4 hr ride down I-81 or Rt 11(my preference) So I am planning to load my R into the back of my S-10 (gasp!) and haul it to HM. I've got a ramp as well. So that's my plan. Please save me a spot and I'll pay whomever for my slot when I arrive. I have really missed you guys and I have dreamed of riding with y'all again. Well--I reckon that's it for now.

Wayne
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
hbrandan
Basic User

Post by hbrandan »

[..... while the 'less evolved' sit around the campfire talking about how the earth is flat and then retire to sleep on the cold, hard ground. .....]

cold, hard ground??? in August?? from your lips to gods ear. I can't think of anything better to do after a day of riding than to sit a round a campfire and drink a few cold ones (and not have to worry about riding anywhere after).
Looking forward to it.
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Looks like there will be three of us coming. Myself, Bob and a good friend of his (I can't remember his name) I call him "Joe the plumber". My rememberer doesn't remember as well as it used to. He is a plumber though---he repaired an underground broken water pipe for me. Anyway sure looking forward to the trip.
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

Glad you can make it Wayne. See you in August.

C.A. Has been nursing a hip replacement this past year, but he says he can do it...so he is coming again and bringing his son Mark along.

I'm pretty sure Marvin And Roy will come with me too. That will be at least 5 from north Georgia, maybe more.

I was considering arriving on Thursday sometime, but not sure now about that.
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Boxer wrote:Glad you can make it Wayne. See you in August.

C.A. Has been nursing a hip replacement this past year, but he says he can do it...so he is coming again and bringing his son Mark along.

I'm pretty sure Marvin And Roy will come with me too. That will be at least 5 from north Georgia, maybe more.

I was considering arriving on Thursday sometime, but not sure now about that.
Seems I should know who C.A. is but I don't remember. Is it one of your past girlfriends? :roll:
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

. Seems I should know who C.A. is but I don't remember. Is it one of your past girlfriends?
Wayne, I'm not sure if you have met C A. He is a tall gray haired fellow who rides with Marvin, Roy, Eric and me here in north Georgia. The last couple of years he has attended Hungry Mother with us.

I'm bringing a new guy this time, hopefully. His name is Tommy Pilgrim. A real country boy who has been riding since he was a little kid and is very good at it. Tommy has been wanting to come to HM with us for a couple of years but usually can't get away from work.
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Cool!

I'm bring two fellas with me as well. Bob Weber whom I think you know, and Joe Rohrer who has an older air-head I think. I was thinking of carrying my bike in my truck but after riding 120 miles or so yesterday and feeling good afterward, I may just pack it up with my gear and skip the 4-wheeler. Not sure yet, we'll see. But this one thing I know for certain----I'll be there!!
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Update--I've been riding every day since last Tuesday. I guess I've done somewhere around 400 miles. I've ditched the shifter modification idea--I've managed to somewhat kindasorta almost shift like a pro (without any adaptation). Also I'm riding the bike down and not trucking it. I don't expect to have any trouble riding. Also to those who don't like sleeping on the ground--I use a $20 Coleman inflatable twin size air mattress. Plus a battery power pump. If I can get my crippled old fart of a person in and out of a tent I see no reason why you big strapping healthy old guys can't do it too! :lol:

We hope to be there mid day or so on Friday. I'm sure looking forward to it!
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Boxer
Lifer

Post by Boxer »

Well, the numbers are increasing from the Georgia contingent. I hope it's okay that I'm inviting all these people. In addition to me, Marvin, and C.A., Roy and Eric are coming as well as a new guy Tommy. Also C.A. is bringing his son Mark again. That makes 7 of us from Georgia.

With Wayne coming with two buddies, and the usual suspects, looks like about 15 so far. Only need 5 more to fill the 10 sites up!

I am hoping to have my new Hagon shock shipped to me from England and installed by then, but if not, I'll come anyway, on the old worn out one. Its not like I have never ridden on a worn out shock before. HaHa
Arbreacames
Basic User

Post by Arbreacames »

Hey Boxer, save room for one more Virginian, will you? I will be there by Friday PM.
Carlos D.
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Post by machew01 »

Carlos, don't run over me on your way west!

mac
Arbreacames
Basic User

Post by Arbreacames »

machew01 wrote:Carlos, don't run over me on your way west!
mac
Will I be able to recognize the new lean and mean Machew? I look forward to seeing you! Besides, I am in a pretty mellow mood after just coming back from this:
I nearly touched heaven, it was hovering at at 9045 feet. I love snow in July.
Carlos D.