Help needed: Wiring

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Help needed: Wiring

Post by challey »

Hi all --

It's been ages since I posted on this board and even longer since I've been able to ride my '03 Roadster (as some here may remember, this was due to a bizarre wiring harness meltdown). In any event, I recently have been able to devote some time to getting the bike back on the road and I'm almost there. The stumbling block now is reconnecting a wire that I failed to adequately photograph - I did tag it but failed to use waterproof ink, so a minor water intrusion made the writing completely illegible. I also can't find it on the wiring diagram I have (not a factory diagram).

I'm hoping someone on the forum here can help me identify where the wire goes. As indicated in the attached photo, it is a two-pin, two-wire connector that exits out of right rear side of the fuse box. The colors of the wire are green with white stripe and a darker green with blue stripe. You can see in the photo that the connector is the kind that has a wire bail that is snapped down to hold the connector in place.

Hard to believe that after all the hard work of removing the old harness - which included some really tough stuff like removing the rear subframe - and getting things 99% finished, something this small and seemingly simple has stymied me. It should be easy to find the female plug this mates to but I can't seem to locate it.

Any help is appreciated. The goal is to get the Roadster running in time to get to the Hungry Mother this year.

'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
BruceinLA
Basic User

Re: Help needed: Wiring

Post by BruceinLA »

that looks like a bosch sensor connector, according to my Clymer manual it could be a tank breather valve with those wire colors

no reference where that might be... canister related?
Bruce B.
Ventura County, CA.

1999 K1200LT
2004 R1150R
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

It's not the tank connection (that's 3 wires on my Rockster).

not sure tbh!
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Green/white + green/blue. That's connector X9572, tank breather valve, part of the charcoal canister vapor recovery system for USA bikes.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Post by challey »

Thanks Sweatmark - the bike is garaged about 15 miles away and I'll check when I get over there later this weekend.
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi