New Rockster Owner

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

redfrogtango
Basic User

New Rockster Owner

Post by redfrogtango »

Intros

I'm new to this board and the new owner of an '04 lime green rockster. I bought the bike from a local BMW dealer (Countryside, IL) with just under 20K miles. The bike is in excellent condition - the previous owner - who ever he was, took great care of the bike. The bike has an aftermarket exhaust and windscreen, PIAA running lights, BMW system cases and a removable pillion backrest.

I don't recall seeing any other rocksters in the area. The last one I saw was sitting on the showroom floor of Chicago BMW (on Western Ave) back in 2004. At that time, I was more interested in a K1200RS. Funny how time changes one's perspective.

My daily commuter is a K1300S, which I don't plan on getting rid of anytime soon. But I do think the rockster will provide a fun alternative for around town and twisty back country roads.

BTW - this board is a great asset.

Mike
Hunter
Basic User

Re: New Rockster Owner

Post by Hunter »

Well, I'm a FNG here too, out in the Southwest. In October I bought an orange 2004 Rockster that has similar gear to yours but has a Sargent seat as well. It was on Ebay, 10,700 miles, and I had to get it shipped from Cleveland. That was no small feat. It arrived in perfect shape, had the shop that received it do the 12k service on it to the tune of 900 bucks. Then added Metzeler Z8's for another 500 or so. Still cold here but have ridden it a total of about 140 miles since I got it. I love the bike, but being an old air-head rider, I am amused by all the R2D2 whirring and humming (ABS), flashing dash lights upon startup and dangling gizmos everywhere. Definitely does not subscribe to the school of KISS and its already 10 years old..... Enjoy your new Rockster and keep it between the fences. H
tiPirate
Basic User

Post by tiPirate »

Welcome, and cool bike! I'd love to throw a leg over a Rockster some day, but I've never seen one in person.
Davelee99
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Davelee99 »

Only the coolest bike in the coolest colour! I have one, so were both cool!
Adventure before dimentia
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

Welcome. :)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
tirefriar
Basic User

Post by tirefriar »

I own Edition 80 (the coolest color combo IMO ;) ) and its a great bike with excellent potential. Had it for just over a year. 6 months ago I bought a Boxer Cup Replika because I wanted a more aggressive look and potential. My thoughts were to sell the Rockster and keep the BCR. Riding the BCR opened my eyes to how really fantastic the Rockster is. When choosing a ride on the fly, I almost always end up on the Rockster. Especially if its going to a new unfamiliar places. Enjoy it. I have a feeling you will be holding onto it for a looong time.